the Rift

[PRIVATE] a knife in my back.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

It was over. Once again the Basin was quiet, and Faelene had no want, or impending need to prevent the Pegasus from leaving any more. Now was time to see if all this pain had been worth anything, or just happen to feed more of the hate. Saying nothing, only trying to hold on to the remains of her strength she waited for the Commander to at last take flight. When she didn't Faelene didn't need to look up to know there were others winding their way through the trees. Despite being beaten, the wind knocked out of her from the inside out, they sounded clumsy in the forest, and she wanted to believe it meant they were scared. The red maned didn't even give them a glance when they showed their faces. Instead she was thinking how nice it would be to fall asleep, and not wake until the rising of the sun. Since the saying went, I'll sleep when I'm dead, she would have to wait for a messenger to tell her what had happened.

It was only when they spoke of the invasions, she knows those wicked blue eyes are roving over her skull. Faelene offers her a dull stare, finding her surprised face a question of the Pegasus' intelligence. Did she really think the soldiers had assembled for nothing? She was here for nothing? While it was very true Faelene wanted to make sure "Ari" made it back home, there had always been a double motive. Lucky for Kri the red maned couldn't read her thoughts or she would have asked how nice the blade felt in her own back this time. Since she didn't she only was bemused. Faelene had never been a loyal member of hers for her to feel betrayed by. The possibility for the leader's trust, respect had long set sail. So was the Thief surprised to hear she was now going to be forced back to the Throat? No, not at all.

A final breath of the Basin air, she knew she would severely begin to miss, Faelene broke in line without a fight, without a struggle. This was all part of the game, that happened to be her sad little life. Nothing to say, she avoids talking. It seems it isn't very necessary to the feathered heads any way, and reluctantly she leaves the one place that felt the most like home.

Walking is miserable, but looking on the brighter side she doesn't have a charred body, a part of it wanting to rot, and to trudge through feet of snowdrifts. Even the mild wound at her hock, causing her leg to swell, wasn't so terrible. It was easy to keep the weight off it, and over time at least it didn't get bigger. The only question that repeats itself, is if she would ever be able to pull in a full breath without the hurt or if each day, every breath would be a reminder.

The red sand in sights she doesn't see any bodies, and she isn't greeted by her own kind. It's a disappointment, but in reality was she surprised? No, the odds were never in their favor. What would happen to her? Would they use her to rub their victory in? She waited as orders were given for names that meant nothing. Watching the Pegasus take flight, it doesn't take long to make her feel like she is surrounded by them when they fall to the ground. The black one, catching her eye by the a wicked prize it held, dropping to Kri's feet. Silver eyes dig into the sand, because she didn't need to stare to know that was Psyche's horn. The red maned contemplated, did that mean she was dead? The idea might have appealed to her long ago, but now it made her sick. It must have made them all proud, and gleeful. Faelene found it as disgusting as taking one of their wings. The voice of the half-ling wouldn't stop, and Faelene made damn sure to raise her head, looking down into her eyes. "Your Commander isn't about to get any more grief from me," she clearly spoke. It could of well been a lie, but wasn't. Faelene couldn't run, Faelene didn't want to fight any more. She would stay, and suffer for her own work she had in this. "I'm here to do as she says."

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Gaucho - 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Faelene - 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM