the Rift

[PRIVATE] a knife in my back.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I've got the eye of a tiger
a fighter dancing through the fire

Kri returned my smile with a rare and genuine one of her own, our muzzles meet and a calm thrill rush's through me. She was home now, for this simply moment that was all that mattered. After a second I straighten, a professional shadow darkens my smile; the news I had to share wasn't what some would call pleasant. Shadow arrived swiftly, her eyes warm with smiles that only seemed to brighten when she saw us. I nod toward her in simple greeting when her gaze finds mine--she wishes our Sultana well and asks a rather bold question. I stiffen but the hint of humorous smile momentarily erases the darkness yet to form, aye, our head spy was a wild heart.

Guacho appeared next and the circle was complete. I could see the concern start to worm its way in behind Kri's facade of control. Our redheaded company spoke up with submissive tone and words, I glanced at her without sympathy. She would know better in the future than to withhold our lion from her cubs.

"Were Hector and Sumati present at the invasion?"

She turns to me, worried, expecting the worst likely...I respond flatly, the warmth gone and what remains is a tone fit for debriefing. "Nay, neither fought to the best of my knowledge; nor has either been seen since." It was hard to think that Hector would run from his home, Sumati mayhaps, but...Hector? Nay, he was my friend, and loved our work nearly as much as myself.

"Basin attacked our sisters in the Edge first, we sent a few warriors to aid them--then the horned ones came here. I called for Asylum to aid us and they made good on their words. Both clans held their land." A breath, a moment for her absorb this information, "Mauja was found within our territory just before the invasion, me and Guacho failed to take him into custody. He...disappeared into the sea by some...dark magic." There was more, though this would be considered good news among all the shitty bad news, "Levi and Aryel returned from their journeys just before we were attacked."

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Shadow - 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Gaucho - 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Faelene - 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Midas - 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: a knife in my back. - by Kri - 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM