the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Mourning Hour

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

For all her brightness, the face which greets Onni is gloomier than the rain surrounding the land. The expression of happiness wavers, a flicker of candlelight, bringing the corners of her lips to a more sobered place. The rain soaked through her mane, the pale tendrils clinging to her face, her neck, sticking like glue. Finally, all the drops feeling like pelted ice under coldly lit eyes. Immediately, the Illuminant freezes, realizing that her emotions may not be the same as her company. Relief felt at seeing the figure of a friend, but now that gnawing doubt radiates through her limbs.
What if his search for knowledge left hatred in his heart for her?

Another protesting chirp ringing from the bird, announcing his presence but also quietly the berating their company for being so dreary. Ruining the mood of the amiable girl, making his worse. A horrible friend to meet in the rain.

"Yes?" she whispers into the pattering of rain, peering through the streaks of gray toward the solemn expression of Carnesîr's face.

When his words finally gather enough strength to climb above the dull roar of the storm, the pale faced girl nods calmly, a response showing both that she understood and knew of the Qian. A sad smile on her face. Doubtfully, the shaman glances toward the glowing blue floor, hissing as the drops fall into the pulsating lava. "The Qian are the moon's children," she says. "My mother has long been close with Mirage the DragonHeart, leader of the Qian and World's Edge." Pausing for a moment, Onni realizes that he has no idea who her mother is, what that would mean. "Basically, my home and theirs are allied."

Sidestepping being the daughter of the land's longest standing warlord - probably a good idea for this conversation.

"Mauja resided as King in the World's Edge when I came to Helovia. The herd occupied by strictly unicorns, much like the Basin now. Then, the Qian were an outcast band, allied with the Tuuli who captured the Dragon's Throat herd." Pale eyes glance toward him, cautious not to speak too quickly. Unfamiliar words being bandied about, Carnesîr would likely get lost. "Living in the Wilds is not easy in this land; it is no wonder that many prefer to graces of herd life. In order to care for her family, the Qian, allied with the Dragon's Throat and the Foothills under Paladin, invaded and captured the World's Edge."
"I healed the soldiers of the Qian and their allies after the battle."

Another quiet, melancholy smile through the rain. Onni thinks of the fires, the smell of blood, the broken bodies, and the death of Jaydan. One of her few friends, if she would be so lucky to be considered as such.

Looking toward him with sincerity on her face, but also a touch of guilt boiling in her heart, the shaman is a little lost for words. How to make him understand? "Otherwise, the Qian are a peaceable herd. All they sought was a home."

The second set of questions, the Illuminant is not as ready to answer. Pausing, looking toward him with a blank look, the winged girl walks past him. She brings herself toward the singed altar, bowing her head toward it. An uneasy breath, the painted girl wavers before it. How she wished the God of the Sun would clear the rain, change this conversation, erase her past. Despite the kindness in her heart, how is she still so stained? "Lend me your strength," she whispers. Before raising her head, the mare pauses once more, studying the ruined surface of the once great tribute.

"Isilme," her voice calls over the rain, behind her. Pale face turning, Onni looks at Carnesîr with an even expression on her face. "I am from Isilme, the land of twilight. A land overrun by the dead."

WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
The Mourning Hour - by Carnesîr - 10-06-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Onni - 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Carnesîr - 10-12-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Onni - 10-12-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Onni - 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Carnesîr - 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: The Mourning Hour - by Onni - 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM