the Rift

[PRIVATE] Villainous Trends, Corporeal Souls

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I didn't feel like moving through the forest. I didn't feel like wading through the marsh waters. I didn't feel like picking my limbs up and kicking them forward through the muggy air that came with the summer heat. But, alas, it was the voice that caused my audits to prick up that caused me to move forward. My name, from the one whom I had sent on a mission to gather information. Information that should not have taken as long as it had been to gather.

So, I shoved forward from my hiding place where I listened to the souls as they careened around this marsh begging for attention and recognition. I did not arrive soon enough to catch majority of what had been said. The only words I caught from Eris were "you... want?" and then Con's scratched voice as she almost seems to tsk at Eris's former words I had not caught. Stolen. Held captive. The wounds she carried are from the stag who stole her. My eyes narrow as I stop in the shadows, my venomous gaze not appeased that she believed she could get away with these lies.

She is too strong to be incapacitated so easily. Too strong to not have come back sooner, even if that story is true. The hunde lies. The hunde is todesfall. Schwere hisses in my brain as the gravely voice of the creature continues on. Cherished company. Enlightening presence. A friend? She does not want any of that. Memory is one of the things that has always served me well, and I knew that such a thing was a lie.

It is then that I pull myself forward from the shadows. "Lies do not end well, Confutatis." I hiss, horn glinting in the tiny ray of light I pass before arriving at Eris's side. "You have called yourself a nightmare. Alpträume do not become incapacitated so easily. Nor can I see your acidic mouth taking as long as you did to get free and come back to tell us. We did not come because you were not near us, we had no way of knowing you were missing when you had been sent off on a task which I suppose has also not been completed."

Two seconds. I pause for two seconds as a snarl emanates from my chest. "Drop your charade, Alpträume. You were not desirous of our 'cherished company' when I first met you. You warned that you didn't take company well, that you didn't follow well. While such words may play off well against the mare who did not recruit you, the lies and that web will not be woven in front of my face. Hündin, you do not amuse me. So, perhaps you should try again." My soprano chords were etched with harsh consonants, every syllable sounding more and more feral. I did not like games. I did not like lies. And, with one false move the soul that I could already feel tugging upon my frame might just be snagged free from her body.

After all, what else was a necromancer to do?

547 words
Seele = not in a good mood
translations -
hunde = canine
hundin = bitch
alptraume = nightmares
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●