the Rift

[OPEN] It's Only a Reflection

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
a b i s h i a
there's always a dawn before the day

I stopped where I was, knowing I shouldn’t go any closer. Mum always said that there were cruel strangers out in the world, even that some might be monsters in a costume. So I kept my own little boundaries. He was still a stranger, even if I knew his name, I didn’t know him. Although he was nice to me, mum says anything can go wrong and that I should stay clear of the monsters. She had also said not to go to the darker parts of Helovia, but it wasn’t dark here near this pond so I didn’t count it as a threat. Yet, when the owl cooed above me, I almost jumped out of my own skin.

“Your mother left you all by yourself?” I nodded and looked at the with a saddened face. I didn’t know whether my mum didn’t care for me no more and that she had actually just went away for a while but was planning to come back. From the way the Vulture said it though, it sounded like she wasn’t going to come back at all, not even to come say goodbye and leave again. But what confused me most was daddy. He hadn’t left Helovia with mummy, he had stayed with me but ran off after mum was out of sight. I hadn’t seen him since my birthday and I was beginning to not even care. I never got to know him like I did with mum because he never stayed around with us at all. So I guess he didn’t really have a relationship like me and mummy had, and I don’t think he ever will.

My little snow ears perk as the Vulture starts to speak how his mum also left him and I looked into his eyes for the first time, hoping to not see the signs of anger. Of course, there was a speck of maybe a little bit, but that was all I could recall. I knew I would become angered if my mum left me alone forever, but I was yet sure to know if mine was coming back or not. So until then, I could only hope that she would. Because I didn’t want to be alone forever. I had heard stories of the ones that are left alone and how they sometimes die from starving or just being killed by the monsters mum always talked about. I didn’t want to be one of them, I didn’t want to die.

As the male’s voice became softer and more gentle, I wasn’t afraid of him no more. I felt as if we had a lot in common and that we could help each other. But that was only my thoughts and I didn’t know how he would act. I had to try though, it was worth a chance. I moved closer to him, rubbing my soft coat against his, hoping to receive a little warmth. ”I’m sorry sir, but may I stay with you? I don’t want to die.” I told him in a low tone, the fear starting to show as I spoke of death.

WC :: 524
TAGS :: @[Vulture]
NOTES :: Sorry for the long wait!
I've been really busy.. D;

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Messages In This Thread
It's Only a Reflection - by Abishia - 10-13-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: It's Only a Reflection - by Vulture - 10-15-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: It's Only a Reflection - by Abishia - 10-16-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: It's Only a Reflection - by Vulture - 10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: It's Only a Reflection - by Abishia - 10-22-2013, 04:53 PM