the Rift

[OPEN] Down the rabbit hole and back again (Open, healers, family, Kri)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

When I rise from bent position that volumes respect and thankfulness--my gaze beholds not the glory of Sun himself as expected, but his adopted daughter, Onni. Some call this mistress of dawn our guiding light and surely, none of Throat blood would argue such a title. Her beaming pools are filled with a compassion that I dared not match; it is those baby blue eyes that soften and strengthen my resolve. It was easy to love someone who possessed a kind spirit, and Onni was at the pinnacle of gentle souls. I smiled weakly out of habit, she always seemed to bring out the best in those that flocked around her, even when they were at their lowest point. This was the second time the sun beacon had aided me during a near death crisis, a boon I would likely spend the rest of mortality trying to repay.

Levi stood silently by, but even in my damaged state I felt him aching for words to be broken between us. “Later,” I thought humorously, there would be ample time for talk. As I’d realized but yet to properly appreciate, our home wasn’t dark anymore; nor was it alight by fireglow. My attention shifts to a sun that is warm across my back, awkwardly I stretch my muzzle toward it with eyes closed in an effort to block the glare. Heat and light. A blessings more than worthy of thanks, quietly and quickly I humbly lift a prayer to heaven before regarding my friends.

Onni wanted to take us to Oasis. I glance passively at the expansion of desert between me and it. Suppressing a sigh was easy when you didn’t have energy to spare. “Aye,” I rasped in a voice that sounded unfamiliar. Her magic had pushed the door of death closed for a while longer; but it could not sustain an empty stomach or nutrient deprived organs indefinitely. There is a mild effort made to try and close my dragging wings, but they are uncomfortably heavy; likely because they are both full of kelp, salt, sand and various other marine life. Hopefully nothing that would later crawl inside my brain and build a nest.

Our savior comes up beside me, offering herself as a brace should I need it, a songbird perched beneath her feathers reminds me of Fina. Our walk begins. It would be much easier to fly, but fate wasn’t keen on making MY life any easier than it already was. So we trekked across the sand at a turtle pace that was painstakingly slow, but steady. Pride only allowed me to lean upon my comrades once, when a forehoof logged itself under a hidden stone and I stumbled. Fina found us along the way, her cries of delight are music to my ears. We reunite as only a bonded pair could, she pulses in my mind like a heartbeat, rubbing her beak across my neck gently and picking at the dirty mess of mats that had become my mane.

Finally the sweet smells of Oasis tickled my senses into a more alert awareness. Feet found new spring in their steps and I could have wept for joy at seeing our tropical home safely maintained.

Lord. The food.

I would have lunged ahead and plunged my snout neck deep in the nearest thicket of field grass—but that could happen when my presence wasn’t drawing a crowd. Under the shadows of trees, away from the heat we paused, and one of my first visitors was an eager Guacho who had spotted us from a distance. He came dancing forward, jealously limber despite having a much larger frame than all company present. “My-dus back,” a rare beam of excitement, even happiness was upon his facade. Even though exhaustion was starting to rear its head, I couldn’t help but grin at my loyal brother. “Aye,” I said softly, “home.”

Muzzle found nourishment shortly after; between mouthfuls I simply relished this privilege.

They were expecting a story of sorts, and all in good time. Turning to those present, I talked when not chewing. Firstly motioning toward the outlaying lands beyond the Oasis, I asked, “Our home is safe? No attacks since the unicorns invaded late Frostfall?”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down the rabbit hole and back again (Open, healers, family, Kri) - by Midas - 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM