the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sublunary versus the heliotrope

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow
Israfel Azardokht
Her question seemed to fall on deaf ears, for the dark shadow hidden beneath the thick fog made no indication that he had heard. For a few moments the pale creature had stood there, dripping wet and soaked to the core, vermillion eyes squinting through the churning fog to see if her question had even reached the ears of the wayward stag.

Pale lips opened to form another greeting, ready to raise her voice above that of a beckoning call... And yet a sudden, coiling blur of movement caused the words to die in her throat, and her mouth to go just a bit dry. Twisting, turning, dancing, the figure cloaked in darkness began to lift his feet and move in a way that Israfel had never seen a creature do. Even the birds could not move with such grace, such heartfelt and pure joy... Through the mists the dark-clad male came, the mop of his thick mane sullied due to the rain and clinging to his muscled features. As he approached her, twisting and turning like a newborn on its first frolic, the young fire-child could do no more than take a step backwards in pure shock.

What in the name of the Gods was he doing?

She could not fathom the joy that this brute felt, the all encompassing desire to simply whirl through the air like the wind, as if fueled by the onslaught of wetness around them. And yet... Despite the surprise, the shock, the abruptness of it all and the uncertainty that glistened within her pale breast, Israfel could not help but feel drawn towards the dance. A pale muzzle outstretched, tinted pink, fiery orange depths captivated and enthralled by the twists and turns of the horned male. A yearning began to rise within her, starting within the pits of her stomach, and moving both northwards and south. Something unnamable, something... Feral.

What was this?

"Dance with me!" Came the shout from this joyous youth, as he had finally paused in the midst of his rain dance. It was enough for her to finally assess him, to truly see him for what he was. "Come on! I'll be your king for a night, and you can be my queen!"

The unnamable feeling still remained, the yearning to join this fellow in dance, and yet... Never before had a male looked upon her with such intensity that he did, the wild, all consuming, mad look. It made her self conscious, and unwittingly the pale creature had pulled her gilded wings even closer to her sides, as if shielding herself from his prying eyes. He asked her to dance... Would it be rude to turn him down? And in the rain, no less?

"I... I'm afraid that I don't know how," Israfel spoke at last, her voice soft, low, sensual like warm honey. Her gaze, once averted, flicked shyly towards the earthen orbs of the dancing male. "I-I have never danced before, at least... Not upon the ground." Dancing in air, however... Now that was an entirely different story.

[ooc: Sorry for the long wait, Wanderer <3 Thank you for your patience, and I'm also sorry for this not so great post. xD]
slime-stock.deviantart.com | AlzirrSwanheartStock.deviantart.com | foureyestock.deviantart.com | LucieG-stock.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: the sublunary versus the heliotrope - by Israfel - 10-26-2013, 05:42 AM