the Rift

[OPEN] when i was young i knew everything

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
I'd rather kiss the ground than kiss a starless sky
It was quiet, Sacre could almost sense his twin's troubles and he could not deny that he shared the same, deep thinking silence. They were going home, it was supposed to be joyous, yet all the boy felt was a lost feeling of detraction. He listened to Roux's words, face softening in the cool silver shine of the moon's gaze, honest questions from an honest boy. He considered them, glancing down to the snowy floor and watching his own hooves make steady tracks on legs longer than they were when he'd first left the Basin. The child didn't understand many things and the confusion made him angry, but the time Sacre had spent in 'captivity' and the added months that now almost made him a yearling, lent a new kind of perspective. "Perhaps they knew we wouldn't be harmed, perhaps something more pressing was happening or perhaps... You're right." He turned to Roux then, placing a comforting nose upon his bloodied hide, the sight of his twin in distress made him angry and sad. Sacre had once dreamed of a world where he could keep him safe, but something told him that maybe... Maybe Roux would not appreciate it. "I was born this way--saying you can fix me is like saying you could take away my horn. My eyes are already a part of who I am."

Who you are. Who he was.

Sacre had been insensitive in his blind want to make him better when really, the child didn't need fixing. Roux was perfectly capable without his twin's interference and now the stained son understood that Roux didn't need anything. In fact, he probably saw more than Sacre did. So now, the ebonite boy did not watch his brother with worried eyes or wish for a world where he could keep him safe. No, Sacre walked with his mother's blue pools fixed forwards, knowing that Roux was right beside him and as able as any other colt.

"As long as we have each other" with that he lifted his nose from his brother's pelt and smiled grimly, frowning as he contemplated the last question Roux had spoken. "What do you mean? Do you think we should have stayed in the land of dragons?" His voice had taken a much more thoughtful turn to it, there was nothing bad about the Worlds Edge, but there was nothing particularly good either. Yet, one could say the same for the Basin. Was both the Throat and the Foothills like this as well?

Was the world truly so warped?
image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 11-10-2013, 05:32 AM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by NPC - 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 12-24-2013, 04:35 AM