the Rift

[OPEN] We are the wind before the thunderstorm.

Meraki Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Of course, solitude never lasted long; for my part, I rather (guiltily) enjoyed that. He seemed kind, almost, even in spite of the incredibly dangerous snake on his antlers, and the fact he had antlers, but then, I’d seen stranger (far stranger) things in my time. So I painted a smile on my face, tried not shy back from him even though he’d shown no signs of aggression at all, quite the opposite in fact, and answered like the mature, adult young mare I was and not the small child frolicking by the sea I probably looked like.

“Hi, I’m Meraki,” and I was unreasonably proud my voice didn’t tremble. It wasn’t that I was afraid, properly – but males made me uneasy, even when they were nice to me. Especially when they were nice to me, in fact. When someone’s aggressive and rough with you, you know exactly what to expect, but the nice ones…

Ah well; maybe he was just nice.

Maybe he was not and I would regret it, but then; how was I supposed to know?

“Onni said I could stay,” I added for absolutely no reason, but then; I was a complete stranger in what was presumably his home and he did have a dangerous snake on his face, so…

Also, snake.

“So, um. May I?”

It would only occur to me later that someone who had issues speaking simple sentences was probably annoyed by my chattiness, but, yeah. To be fair, I didn’t even notice; I was more preoccupied with the (dangerous!) snake and trying not to cringe.

Meraki.

“I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me.”
— T. S. Eliot

Messages In This Thread
We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-30-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 12-08-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 12-22-2013, 09:44 AM