the Rift

!! This isn't Control

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I glanced around tentatively. I still couldn't believe I was really taking in all of these hues. I forced myself to store them in my memory. I needed to be able to remember this, this miracle that was occurring before me.

He was laughing, I could not only feel it, but I could actually see the way his feathers moved against his hide and the way his face crinkled with each laugh. The sound forming in my audits all too simply for such a gorgeous action, one I had never been able to truly see with all of the colours to go with it. He spoke once, before sighing and explaining exactly what he was, and who his siblings were. I nodded my head, storing the information in my skull. I supposed that made sense then, the flames and the mention of the Sun God that had been floating around the Throat during their herd meeting. "One of the souls, then. You'd have to be to create the consistent heartbeat that I've only felt present when some sort of good is happening..." I whispered, before explaining the hawk that was still stuck in my mind.

But, as I spoke of it things weren't connecting just right. In my lands, when a Daemon (companion to these) had passed, it made the soul weaker, more plausible toward death. Perhaps this was one of the reasons as to why I could feel my body aging. My eyes gazed at his, noticing his frown and the silence as I shifted uncomfortably in my spot.

And then he spoke, but the words he said were not comforting, as much as probably wished for them to be. There was a sadness in his eyes as he explained the fractured bond, and said it wasn't in their capacity to change. Once more, my eyes trailed to the marking upon my haunch. "Sir, I didn't want to believe he might be dead - I had no proof a marking of his was actually on my body..." she whispered, "But I don't believe a bond is broken - I believe something not only fractured it, but then killed him. I had heard stories of some receiving markings on their hide to match their Daemons in my old land - it was a sign they were weak, that part of their soul is gone. I didn't know, till now, that this marking was present. And when I was told... well I didn't believe that of which had told me..." Tears flooded toward my eyes as I lowered my head, unable to meet his gaze.

A soft sob escaped my lungs as I felt my heart stopping, in and out, from the anxiety of realizing I was truly alone, not just in these lands, but with my soul. No message would get back to Taj, or my child. No one would find me, nor care, as much as my hawk had done. "I suppose, if nothing can be done, that I shall at least thank you for this sight, even if it might be fleeting. I couldn't understand why everything had... stopped. But, he's dead. I know that now - I know I'll be alone-" a tiny sob broke through. "If there is nothing you can do, filling the hole or otherwise I understand, but if there is anything you can do... I will do anything... It seems no one where I live can understand the blind, wingless mare... If there is anyway to connect with something that could learn to understand me as my Hawk had... perhaps I won't feel so alone..."

I stopped and shook my head, the world hazed behind some tears as I looked up at his looming figure. "My apologies. I didn't mean to ramble with my thoughts. It's just... a shock," I finished, forcing myself to lock my tears back, sniffing it away in order to keep my outer appearance calm.

Perhaps the world would fall apart.

Perhaps the world would stitch itself back together...

684 words
And she's accepted Mr. Hawk is dead
stage of denial = completed and kinda skipped anger to bargaining |:

Messages In This Thread
!! This isn't Control - by Rasta - 11-14-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by God of the Earth - 11-16-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by Rasta - 11-17-2013, 01:03 AM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by God of the Earth - 11-17-2013, 01:32 AM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by Rasta - 11-18-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by God of the Earth - 12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: !! This isn't Control - by Rasta - 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM