the Rift

[OPEN] | Storm | Gaucho/Open

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Alina
"A-leen-ah"

The pale dove liked the way Gaucho uttered her name, it sounded as if he tasted every vowel before he let them fall from his lips, and she even got the impression that he liked the taste. The sultan was, to say the least, an interesting stallion and Alina would have bombarded him with questions about his past if they had met under different circumstances. But for the moment she wasn’t really herself. The young mare didn’t know it, but she was in chock after the near-death-experience, so her brain wasn’t fully functioning on all levels. The chock was also the reason why Alina was being so calm.

The stallion’s reply to her question forced a wry smile to the girl’s pink lips. She didn’t believe he was “fine”, but said nothing more on the matter. She figured he was in a lot of pain, but that it wasn’t life-threatening, but Alina had no idea how using his magic effected the dun steed - if she had known she would have been more worried.

Under her black, feathered cover the pale girl started to feel sleepy. Warmth was returning to her body and she lay completely relaxed with her small head resting on the sand and her emerald eyes half closed. The nearness of this strong, masculine stallion had seemingly no other effect on her than making her feel safe. Most mares at her age would have at least felt their hormones jump around a little bit, but Alina’s body didn’t seem to respond to the smell of testosterone. Maybe it was the chock that occupied her reptilian brain and blocked everything else out?

”I am starting to get warm. I am glad you have such big wings, Milord.” the dove murmured just at the brink of falling asleep. If she had been able to read the stallion’s thoughts on the word “Milord” she would have stopped calling him that, but Alina was brought up with calling all high ranking horses “Milord” and “Milady”. Since none of Alina’s parents were born into the Hölscheron herd (in which they had lived) they had been very low on the social ladder and thus they needed to address the superior horses with respect.

The dove inched her head closer to Gaucho’s and exhaled in a soft sigh. Just as she was about to fall asleep a sound of beating wings pulled her from the gate to the Land of Dreams. Without opening her eyes Alina flicked her ears to try and understand what was going on. But as the sound of the other pegasi came closer she lifted her head and pushed her sleepiness away.

Opening her eyes Alina saw an unfamiliar mare come towards her and the sultan. With an expression of urgency on her white face and a look of concern in her blue eyes the mare landed and hurried over to them. Could this be the Throat’s healer? Alina tried to smile at her, but she wasn’t entirely successful.

”There was a storm,” Alina started to explain. ”It came so fast and I was far out over the ocean. Lord Gaucho flew out to warn me and then suddenly something came out of the ocean. Long, slimy limbs - I have never seen anything like it! It got me. I almost drowned, but Lord Gaucho saved me. If not for him, I would have been dead.”

Her final words seemed to echo within her head. ”I would have been dead.” Dead… dead… A blank expression suddenly overtook the girls face and she turned a bit stiff. The chock was letting go of her brain and her fear of death bulldozed though her mind; claiming attention. Her nostrils parted and she started breathing faster. She felt like getting up from the ground and pace to and fro on the beach, but she knew that doing so would not help; it would rather make it worse.

Stop it! Her mind screamed at her. You have control over this so stop doing this to yourself! Stress, guilt, fear, anger and sorrow washed over the girl as she saw her world turn black. She began feeling dizzy. Stop it, before it is too late!

Had she been alone Alina would have suffered a stronger attack, but when she was in the presence of others she could usually control herself better. This time she managed to take a deep breath and hold it for a while. She concentrated on the feeling of Gaucho’s warm body against hers and it helped her to return to the real world. The episode was over in mere seconds and then the girl was back to normal.

”I am glad Lord Gaucho was near.” she stated as if there had been no interruption to her story.

[ooc; Excuse this crap of crap post ^^' I am very tired]

bg and flower: locolobo.net

@[Gaucho]
@[Onni]

Messages In This Thread
| Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Alina - 11-18-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Gaucho - 11-18-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by NPC - 11-18-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Alina - 11-18-2013, 01:17 PM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Gaucho - 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Alina - 11-18-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: | Storm | Gaucho/Open - by Gaucho - 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM