the Rift

[OPEN] when i was young i knew everything

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Roux stood silently for a long while, staring down at his mismatched, solid hooves. They were packed with the snow of the mountains and his soles were weary with the hefty journey, and all of his muscles screamed for him to make the final ascent and go home, but his confused cognition kept him still. He sighed, the cold breath slipping through his nostrils with a puff of condensation. "I don't feel as if I should stay anywhere--I was born in the Basin and they care for me there when I need it. In the Edge I had mother for most of my time there, but once I found you and we left it was you who cared for me when I couldn't do it on my own." Roux lifted his head and looked up towards the diamond-splattered sky. "I just feel like my heart belongs to no land, and no land needs me." What troubling thoughts for such a young creature. Who gave this youngster so much contemplative wisdom that mixed darkly and flammable with his foolish childishness? Roux shifted his weight and curled his neck to rest his chin on Sacre's withers. His blood-stained brother, though so pale and colorless to his dayblind eyes, had always been his sounding board when he needed it. Now, he needed the guidance of his older twin. "Am I being too dumb, brother? Should we just go home? I mean, we've made it this far, and..." Roux trailed off, ears flicking back at the sound of the screeching.

When the sound intensified, Roux lifted his head and turned his body completely around, rump to Sacre's shoulder, and lowered his head to narrow his sights on the flapping, screaming bird. "Wh-what does it want?" Asked the colt, suddenly his voice shaking with the hint of nervousness that had been tugging at the chords for far too long. He was enraptured by the sorrowful mother, standing over cracked and dead babies. "C-can we help it?" The flailing bird tugged at the strings of his heart and he found himself taking a few steps forward, tentative, with his head lowering to the ground. He wondered if the bird would reach out with her talons and take her fury out of his face.

The colt stopped short of the bird, maybe a few lengths of Aramis away from her, and lifted his head to look down on the nest. There was one egg still alive, still whole, and a warmth spread through Roux's chest. There was something he needed to do to help this bird, to help this egg. Blinking, Roux shook his head and stomped a forehoof on the icy surface, "Sacre, what should we do?" He asked, turning his head briefly to look towards his twin before turning back towards the bird.

ROUX
Million stars up in the sky
Formed a tiger's eye
That looked down on my face,
Out of time and out of place

image by msn678@flickr

Messages In This Thread
when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 11-10-2013, 05:32 AM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by NPC - 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 12-24-2013, 04:35 AM