the Rift

[OPEN] Here to stay
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

Fina flew at my side, our wings thumping off beat to avoid a wing on wing collision. We road the warm air currents on this quiet afternoon, keeping watch for visitors and or trespassers. Either would be a welcome distraction to this mundane day. My Phoenix had taken to singing, chip chat, chirp hiss; there wasn't a tune she couldn't mimic, or a melody she wouldn't try. Wether or not Fina got it right, now that was a whole different matter.

A silent but stern sun stood in a cloudless sky- it's embrace a welcoming caress. In the distance my companion caught sight of something traveling toward us. She ceased singing and curved her wings to pick up speed, I glanced up, semi bemused. The speck grew rapidly larger, Fina clicked her beak and shot off toward it. A gleeful smile filling in the curve of her grin; apparently the speck was about to become lunch.

Moments later she came soaring back, a hissy frown replacing her lost smile, and talons empty. The strange eagle drew close, it was then that I realized what had deterred her. This bird was different from an ordinary avian, it's body was shrouded in mist. Outlined by a smoky light. Fina soared around my feet, chirping angrily at the ghost bird. I'd seen on of these birds before, at the cave we explored a few weeks ago. Guacho.

Without pausing to question I push ahead, the eagle made a sharp bend and took off for where I guessed Guacho would be waiting. Our guide didn't have to lead long, soon enough we spotted the dark stallion standing by as patiently as he could. Daggers found ground seconds later, a heap of dry dust scatters as my body settles into the soil. "Afternoon brother." Muzzle thrust toward the taller lad.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Here to stay - by Gaucho - 12-24-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: Here to stay - by Midas - 12-24-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Here to stay - by Gaucho - 12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Here to stay - by Midas - 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Here to stay - by Gaucho - 01-07-2014, 12:02 PM