the Rift

[OPEN] In Times Long Past [Nasreen]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

There is something behind the throne
Quilyan
greater than the king himself.
A million curses come to mind. None of them are particularly useful as he berates himself mercilessly with them. She was his baby sister, for goodness' sake! No one was permitted to make her cry, particularly not him. But it gets worse. At first, she is upset only that they are not all together... and suddenly, he knows that he must break the worst news of all to her. "No, I - well, Erigor made it this far with me, but I don't... he's gone again..." He falls silent, painfully watching her emotions play across her face. She is so easy to read, so open and naive and young. It isn't fair. None of it was fair. Their life had been ruined, and for what?

But you wouldn't have met Resplendence if it hadn't happened this way, a voice whispers in the back of him mind, and he swallows, calming. "I'm glad we found each other, too," he murmurs quietly, wondering if perhaps he could just stay silent, if perhaps he could hide the truth from her, if perhaps he could protect her... But her earnest gaze, alight with the fresh breath of new hope, is on him, and he imagines that there is something accusing there, too; and he knows that if he withholds the truth from her now, if he fails to tell her, then she will be all the more upset when it comes out. And it would come out, when he refused to search for home.

"Look, ah... Reeni... we... we can't go home," he tells her thickly, concern and emotion glossing over his violet eyes. "There isn't anything to go home to." He pauses, wondering how much he should tell her, how much she can handle, and he knows that somehow, she will require proof. "I was in the godswood when the attack started, and I hung around for a few days there, trying to get information from other refugees. There's nothing left in the Capital, Reeni, and it sounded like we got off easy. All they wanted from the Capital was -" The Family. He hesitated. "Well, the bad guys took over, Reeni, and there isn't anyone left to take Th'orqui back. We have to stay here."

I'm so sorry.

@[Nasreen]

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-27-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-27-2013, 04:12 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-27-2013, 04:31 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-27-2013, 06:07 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-28-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 12-31-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 12-31-2013, 02:51 AM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Nasreen - 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: In Times Long Past [Nasreen] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2014, 09:54 PM