the Rift

Here Puppy! (Edge)

Teras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Teras couldn't help the yelp of alarm as the much larger horse started to dance as if she had gone wild. He pushed himself as far back into the exposed tree roots as he could whimpering again, softly fear pounding through his system. His gold eyes grew showing his fear plain as day. A strange thought was wiggling it's way into his young brain though. Was he what was scaring her? His head cocked once again curiously still pressed against the tree roots trying to avoid her flailing hooves. He took in the shinning white around her sky blue eyes. She wasn't scared of him, she was terrified of him, but why? His squeaky mouse like voice spoke again, "I wont hurt you Miss, I promise. Momma always taught us not to attack or eat horses, and I always listen to my momma." As she stilled he carefully crawled out of his hole and tail lowered, his tail wagging slightly. He wasn't sure if horses understood wolf body langue but to him it was worth a shot.

His smile was toothy and he quickly suppressed it, not wanting to scare her again. His thick furred tail kept swaying as he looked her over careful not to look at her throat, mother had always said it was rude and scary to prey animals you couldn't eat to look at their necks while talking to them. He slowly carefully started to extend his neck towards the white splotched, or was it black spotted, mare. His curious puppy side was getting the better of him, and he longed to smell her. As his neck extended so did a jagged fork of pain, searing into his neck and down through his back. A yelp and whimper quickly in sued and he pulled his head back like a turtle into it's shell. Scared the pain would attack again, he carefully lowered his body towards the ground laying his head on his overly large paws.

His ears pricked towards her as she spoke,in a surprised tone. He was utterly confused as to why she was sorry. He ran over the short conversation so far, and came up empty pawed. The black and purple pup just let it go and listened to the rest of her words. Helovia, he rolled that name around in his mind, but he could not remember any pack member using it. He was about to say it was nice to meet her, but she stormed on her voice filling the air, not that he minded. Make things out of glass, he didn't even know what glass was, animals that follow horses and are connected at the mind?

This was all very strange to the simple pack raised pup, but he was eager to learn more. His head rose up and his midnight colored ears tilted up interested. Her last word made his pricked ears drop slightly. He lowered his golden eyes trying to hide the sadness there. Then he let the anger of the strange wolf fill his mind. "I am alone, because some strange male wolf stole me from my family and left me here. He's been gone for a while, I've been trying to smell him, and I can't." His voice was slowly starting to break again, "Can I please come home with you? Maybe you can show me what glass is, and... and AWWW my neck hurts!" His voice ended in a half howl half whimper as more pain jabbed through his neck and back. Tears welled up in his yellow eyes making them look like liquid gold.

"Talk", 'Thoughts'
Words: 600

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Teras - 12-31-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Kahlua - 12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Teras - 01-01-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Kahlua - 01-02-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Teras - 01-02-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: Here Puppy! (Edge) - by Kahlua - 01-03-2014, 12:07 AM