[PRIVATE] Face the Music

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes
Sometimes we've no choice, but to walk away

I have returned.

A small smile forms on the lips of the blue as his bonded announces her presence, they may not have been apart for long, but Evers had missed his faithful hound who was always by his side either chasing butterflies or giving him an earful. Like most of the females in his life did. Rita was a kind soul, seemingly uncaring to the evil in the world, yet at the same time she always appeared very wise to it. Her simple presence and blunt observations kept the Able going to an extent that Evers wasn't quite sure how he'd got on before her. Even now, in the midst of the new turmoil invading his mind she was light, a light that would never change or go away. Something he could grab onto and feel safe beside, Evers hadn't realized how lonely he'd been until Rita came along. Now he couldn't imagine a life without her as his gaze finds his bonded's slight, athletic form and the sapphire eyes that saved him everyday. Though this time Rita had brought him something bigger than her usual dead rabbit, her present was very much alive and very much appreciated. Irrydae.

Once she'd seemed like a lifetime away, lost in his own emotional pain, those cascades of alabaster mane framing her beautiful lavender face were but some fairytale dream and yet; here she was. All sparkles and beauty threatening to steal away his heart in a single glance. The years fell from his face as lips creased into a warm, welcoming smile to embrace her voice as she walked over as he reminded himself that an idiot like himself did not deserve her. Their meeting took a different tone to last time, her gaze less wild and her lips quivering on words like she wanted to say so much, but didn't know how. He knew that feeling, he wanted to express a million apologies at once, tell her of his pain and heal under her touch. He could not bring himself to burden her with such things though if she asked he wasn't sure how much he could keep in without giving it away all over his face.

"Well enough, my family has been causing me headaches." He snorted, even when Mandrake was dead and they were all but disbanded still they caused him headaches. The Able had already come to accept that they would continue to do so for the rest of his days, they had been such a big part of his life and still were. Archibald... Darwin. Darwin! Earth's beard he'd forgotten about that boy, presumed still safe in the Foothills, though he hadn't actually gone to check. He swallowed a thousand curses and pushed the little brown colt away from his mind, he would check later and hopefully not run into Archibald on the way.

Moving on he thought about what to say next, finding the right words at the exact moment wasn't an easy thing and he took a deep breath. Start at the beginning. "Irrydae I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you like that, I thought after our talk here last time it would be better if I wasn't around. I didn't want to burden you with my feelings or make you feel uncomfortable." His voice was soft as he explained, that was his initial reason for leaving the Foothills. The reason for him leaving Helovia, however, was completely different and still those memories plagued him. A life long lost unearthed after Mandrake's death, he needed some time to handle them and learn to push them away.

When the mist in his mind had cleared a little; Evers and Rita had returned.

@[Irrydae] (irry essay :O)

Messages In This Thread
Face the Music - by Evers - 12-30-2013, 04:50 AM
RE: Face the Music - by Irrydae - 12-30-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Face the Music - by Evers - 01-02-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Face the Music - by Irrydae - 01-05-2014, 09:51 PM