the Rift

Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The feeling of anxiety in cramped quarters was shared by all who stood by. We are children of sand, desert folk that had grown used to a wide heaven above and crimson granuels beneath our hooves littered with the blood and tears of our kin and foes alike. Though this room was gigantic (large enough to hold 4x what we brought). It felt small in comparison to the boundless home we had just come from.

Holy flames from our manes and tails temporarily tamed darkness, casting black shadows back into their dirty little holes. I spared a concerned glance at Guacho, who was swamped with his own little group of our nervous family. We would be breaking words very soon. Much sooner if he planned for our brethren to stay within these walls for longer than a few days. I didn’t believe that the threat would simply vanish in a matter of sunrises, but we couldn’t stay here for weeks… months, could we? As the herd around me began to get settled till dawn, I decided to follow the trail back up--head toward the stars and see if there was anything to be done.

Sleep wasn’t going to be anyone’s quick friend tonight with all the excitement, and lastly not mine. Some night skinned fellow had the same idea, he clambered up ahead. I followed at a slow pace, unsure if he even knew I’d tagged behind. Each footfall struck heavily, loud to my ears, steps that were clumsy and unaccustomed to stone. Gold lingered all the while, trying in vain to amend the change. Beyond, the one called Windwalker, stood fiery orange individual who lingered in shadows; a figure I’d come to love as a brother over the years. He had only recently returned to our ranks as soldier. Restored from whatever travels that had led his path astray. Our brief exchange in the valley before this strange attack had been short and hastened by pressure, panic.

A smile touched my eyes before lips as Windwalker moved to greet Hector, “Aye,” I said after a moment of quiet had passed, “Hector, I would have liked to greet ye before this crazy started.” There is real warmth in my tone, a strange compassion that hadn’t been present since Ktulu had abandoned our love. “Welcome home dear brother.”

Full eyes shifted to the newcomer out of respect, still soft yet lacking previous emotion shared between those that had wrath blood together. For battle formed the tightest of brotherhoods, “Welcome friend, hopefully we shall be able to return to our proper home with haste.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Windwalker - 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-10-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-12-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM