the Rift

[OPEN] Those oblivious, and those who just don't care [Morana, Open]

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

What was I doing? Following this stranger through the hollowed woods; where was he taking me this haunting eve of deliverance? Listeners stood at attention, as I maintained my forward motion. I realize how crazy this may seem; others would have ignorantly turned their nose to another dragging them out into the darkness. But I liked this game, this uncertainty that lead me into nothingness; it was a rush- setting all your senses on edge. I could question him, while the wind blasts by our ear; he would never hear me at this rate. It would be wasted oxygen; and he knew our destination. And I did not- maybe it was better that way.

Pillars of onyx and splashed snow carried me swiftly behind; if not slightly off to the right of the flame kissed unipeg. Leaps of faith happened so quickly, dodging and winding through the thick foliage; pine branches not hesitating to stretch down with the winds, and scrape into the skin. Withholding a rapid gate, I found solace in myself as I began to tune everything into focus. There was no stress, no urgency of fear and terror. The sound of each hoof beat; every trembling breath was almost stilled framed in my mind. The heart in my chest, although emotionless, raced with me- as if it were its last beating. I enjoyed running, it was always a good way to clear one’s mind.

Eyes of crystal broke from focus for a moment, resting upon a cloud of vapor from a strange creature. Had this thing been there all along, and I just didn’t see it before? It was all happening too quickly, and this galloping fest just seemed to be getting started. Dual toned mask shook to regain my concentration; this stallion could run there was no doubt about that. All I really hoped now was that he didn’t just spring those wings of his, and fly away to leave me here in this unknown space. I’m telling you, turn back- he’ll kill you. What did she know? Though my mother has always been right in the past; maybe I should listen. I’m the killer, remember? Or maybe I won’t.

The pace was slowing now, the edge of the trees where she had just come from they were stopping, but why? I reined my head back as I slid to a stop alongside the stallion, luckily I didn’t slip and land on my face due to the mossy floor. That would have been rather embarrassing. I couldn’t understand why I was so intrigued; why I wanted more out of you- why I cared to take your lead into this world. Oculars etched in ice gazed upon the moonlit horizon; seemed like any other evening. Though my heart was still racing with adrenaline- lungs beginning to burn; but I didn’t want to stop.

Only but a moment passed, before the sun-kissed warrior fluffed his wings away from his side- I watched in awe, almost envy- as I did wish I had been so lucky to be born with the skill of flight; or a weapon lodged into my skull. He lunged forth, his voice slicing into my ears like a cannon blast knocking me back into the reality of how stupid I was being. Still panting heavily, I lunge after him legs stretching their limber length to keep up with his elongated strides. I could feel the muscles in my legs tighten; the tingling sensation of a dull burn flooded my body as sweat began to bead upon my drying coat. Howling winds, combed through my marbled fibers as they whipped and danced upon my neck, waving like a banner following close behind.

The hills that were rolling upon the horizon glittered and swayed like a golden ocean. Crisp winter kissed air, fueling my lugs; they pulse, stretch and burn, flooding my blood with oxygen so I can keep the momentum in my stride. In the open, I found myself refracting my gaze from the journey ahead and into the aspect of the world’s dangerous beauty. Mighty mountains spruce from the earth’s floor, their snow painted peaks hazed and blurred out into a cloudy distant snowstorm. The cold grey feel of the now clouded sky, illuminated a soft glow of light; burning magma from the volcanic pools- its heat drifting along the nights crisp breeze, mixing and mingling through my marble fibers with a touch of comfort. The aroma of this place, these lands that I broke upon, had so many elements floating grasped in the breeze. I smell the salty ocean, the moisture on the grasslands, and the burning ash of the far off lava pools. For a moment, it almost looked like the end of times; darkness casted over the horizon with nothing but a fiery glow upon natures crust. It was wearily picturesque.

Though all the running and the change of terrain; I hadn’t really had time to think any of this through like I normally would. I’m very detailed about things, but this time was more of a whim than anything. I’ve never turned down an adventure before; no matter how dangerous it may be. I could feel my breaths begin to stagger as cannons pumped in powerful rhythm, my eyes resting upon the dark space upon the earth before them as they grew rapidly near. The earth beneath me changed, the moist earth and foliage have turned to cracked clay and rock. As the flame-kissed beast eased his speed; so did I following precious suit step per step. Had I just danced across the world with a stranger? I suppose there’s a first time for everything.

Are you attracted to him? Remember what I said about stupid questions? I’m just saying, It’s been a while. Putrid statements, coming from a mentor- a teacher whom now only lives in my mind. Any relationship I’ve ever acquired, has been a mastered art of blending in to those around me. It took many seasons of study, to figure out how the mind of the stallion and the mare works. And what emotions are, and how to fake them since I can’t really feel them... or at least I don’t think I do.

The sound of hooves digging into the clay caught me off guard, lowering my chestnut-cream tiara, haunches locked into a skid. Grains from flying dust and dirt stained my legs and muzzle as I regained my balance, elevating my head to meet the amber gaze of the stallion as he spoke. As he turned and continued down into the cave, I stood seemingly frozen for a moment. Flurries of dust floating around my legs as the wind brushed between them. I bet I looked lovely now, after a freezing bath I had torn ass across a land with a stranger. Once illuminate ivory pillars, now splashed with mud and dust. I was filthy, a little hot mess. Doing my best to catch my breath, the sound of another voice awoke my lobes from their tight slumber against my skull. Shifting to the side, I watched as another Pegasus stallion moved through the darkness of the cave.

I watched him idly, doing my best to keep my breathing under control. My ribs ached, and my lungs felt as if there was a fire within them. I wanted to catch my breath, before lowing myself into a humid, musky cave. Stiffly, I carried myself into the mouth of the cave, twin lobes erect and listening to any sounds that would echo through its walls; other than the sound of my clacking hooves upon the hard rock and clay. There he is, beware they can easily over power you. She was right, after running to the river, and then running from the forest to here? I was completely exhausted. The vocals of the Pegasus echoed in my lobes as they lazed to the side. Phoenix his name was, from a place called the Throat. Now that’s an odd herd name... Indeed.

Coat of crimson and cream trembles with beaded sweat rolling down the curvature of my arched neck as I made my way closer to the duo; eyes of cascaded silver ice looked into those of the flame-kissed. Rose lips quiver as my nostrils flare, doing my best to catch my body up to speed with deep breaths. I did my best not to show my exhaustion, by keeping my visage alive and alert- even though it felt like my legs had turned to mush. ”Where are we?” I questioned, my tones fluid though breaths struggled to keep up after I finished a small question. Helovia, a place that’s been taken by darkness and illness- was it safe here in the darkness? I told you it’s a trap. For God’s sake! Ebony and Ivory whip-cord cracks against my haunches in irritation to my mother’s irrational statement. And to think, I was stuck with her forever; and so I smile softly as if nothing was wrong.

[ooc: I'm glad you enjoy her. @[Hector] is AMAZING; love your writing style with him <3 And.. sorry about the huge Novel.. 1488 Words? /dies.]

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those oblivious, and those who just don't care [Morana, Open] - by Morana - 01-16-2014, 04:49 AM