the Rift

[OPEN] Those oblivious, and those who just don't care [Morana, Open]

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Finally the lynching lump in my throat had subsided as my breaths where becoming more stable, taking in the musky scent of the cave walls. The air was thin, and the heat rolled off my body in wisps of steam rising toward the ceiling; but vanishing quickly after leaching from my skin. Muscles were ablaze with soreness, fatigue although I did my best to distract myself from thinking about it as I kept a close eye upon the winged duo. His voice rang deep within my lobes, as I stood silently to listen to his answer. I gazed around the mouth of the cave in the distance, as he spoke the name of this place. The Sanctuary, although it didn’t feel like a sanctuary at all; it felt more as if you had been dragged down to your grave. I did not look back to him, as he introduced himself as Hector, and the other as Phoenix. I stowed their names away, listed them like pen to paper, and filed away in my personal office.

Maybe they’re not that bad. - We’ll see. My mother had been right many times in her years breathing alongside me. Sometimes she was more of a nuisance than a helpful advisor. She appears at her own will, in an illusion and voices in my head. Did that make me crazy? No. I didn’t think so. Taking a generous step back, dual toned tiara lowered to the height of my chest, twisting left and right as I shook myself from nose to tail to rid of the dust that covered my coat. Audits free roam the area, as the sound of my hooves clack against the cave floor as I regain my solid stance after my brisk shake.

Their home land was a desert, the place the golden bird had talked about; Dragons Throat. Confused, but not appalled by the idea I gave a soft bob of my head, to acknowledge his statements. She had forgotten to give her name to the gentleman, but she was rarely on a first name basis with anyone. But to be fair; ”Pleasure to meet you both.” I paused, my tones more fluid and well defined now that I had caught my breath. I decided not to repeat their names, they knew who they were. "I am Morana." I spoke freely, my name here wasn’t slandered or stricken with a murderous fear. Curving upon the edge of my lips, there was a warm smile given to the fire-eyed stallion, Hector.

You’re not going to tell them where you hail from, are you Morana? I let my mothers question echo in my head. They won’t know of my History. I couldn’t tell them I was a killer, had a lust to kill those who had done wrong in the world. My last victim didn’t lay far from this place; but I could only smile to myself and wonder if anyone had found her rotting corpse just yet; then again from their calls of anguish I’m sure they did. I beamed a little in my eyes, portraying the innocence I no longer held in my heart.

I could smell them, and my gaze peered down into the blackness of the cave of which we stood. "There are many here." I breathed, soft spoken as I turned back to the pair of stallions. "What were we running from?" I inquired, going back to the first thing he said to me in the Threshold. No one runs like that, for no reason. To push you on the brink of pain and agony, there was dauntless uneasiness about our travel here. Something here was just not right, to have so many unique smells in one cave, something told me the depths were quite packed.

"What keeps those with the ability to fly away, caged under ground away from precious skies?" I spoke bluntly, offering a tedious smile. It was a tight space, even for me and I didn’t have the wingspan to worry about. They live in a desert, why would a cave be much better? Maybe they couldn’t take the heat. Maybe they’re on the run. I don’t know.

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those oblivious, and those who just don't care [Morana, Open] - by Morana - 01-24-2014, 01:34 AM