World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be bothered at the moment. But soon enough, my skin prickled as the sensation of no longer being alone took over me. The clack of small hooves hardly has me worried, and as I pull my cheek from the cool of wall, I was surprised to find myself looking down at a fawn. Not really meaning to, I cock my head at the obviously young creature as it produces a grunt. Despite the warring emotions of my head and of my heart, a soft chuckle escaped my lips at the creature's simple innocence and curiosity. His eyes were upon my wings, and as I stretch one wing out enough to allow the youngster easy access to investigate the appendage, a familiar voice catches in my ears, one that I recognized quickly as Frost Fyre's.

Lifting my head, I was pleased to see that I hadn't been wrong, and flashed the spotted girl a smile. Pain and heartbreak were still etched into the creases of my face, surely, but I did my best to conceal them and force the carefree expressions I usually bore. But the young mare must have noticed, for her lips purse and she approaches, reaching out and touching her muzzle to my shoulder. Returning the gesture by moving to press my muzzle briefly to the thick of her neck, I exhaled a long, but soft breath as she voiced her question, and I pulled my head back.

"It's complicated," came my answer, my own lips pursed, smile lost as I wondered how I could explain, if I even could. I was upset for failing to protect Psyche, for failing to find anybody else and leading them here to safety, with the exception of Ampere. I was angry that my Mother never seemed to answer my questions, even as the world seemed to be ending right before my very eyes. I abhored the fact that I didn't know what to do, that I had no guidance, that I was even holed up here to begin with. There was more troubling me, like the ever present worry that Father, though I loathed he and Aviya so, hadn't it made it and were caught in the darkness, turned into one of those hellish monstrosities, or even dead.

"Everything," I answered after a few moments, eyes darting briefly to Frost's before they fell back upon the ancient wall. "Whatever's happening to Helovia, I want to stop it. But I've heard no word from Mother as I did when darkness fell upon us last year."

I had meant to say more to my childhood friend, but the sound of another pair of hooves abruptly cuts me off. Snapping my head to the side, my eyes fell upon a white-faced devil, and though she hadn't spoken yet, she sent a shiver of discomfort down my spine. I remembered her as the one who had challenged Apollo's title and failed, calling my overo friend a coward and spewing words about how he would fall. Still at Frost Fyre's side, I turned to face the other fully, eyeing her and the small, two-tailed, sooty colored canine who leapt to the ground as the mare stopped.

She speaks, and I feel the corners of my mouth growing rigid, set in a contemplative, downwards curve. I'm uncertain why she speaks in such a way, and while my ears beg to flatten, I keep calm and composed as I mull over her words for a moment before speaking. "I have fought a demon before," I said, recalling the horrendous creature near the Heavenly Fields that had been borne of the eternal night. Many had rallied to stop it, and together, we had done so successfully, even if it had been stories high. "And death did not once encroach upon me."

Regarding the mare carefully, I remained where I stood, wondering exactly why she had approached us so. For now, though, I wouldn't budge. "Confutatis... wasn't it?"

"blah blah blah."

@[Confutatis]
image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
In Over My Head - by Mesec - 02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: In Over My Head - by Frost Fyre - 02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: In Over My Head - by Confutatis - 02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: In Over My Head - by Mesec - 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: In Over My Head - by Sacre - 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: In Over My Head - by Frost Fyre - 02-05-2014, 08:10 PM