the Rift

Tiptoe, Tiptoe.

Éostre Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Éostre ears swiveled at the sound of birdsong behind her, which caused her to be slightly confused. Birds in winter? Must be hearing things. Yeah, tree must have stabbed her with something.
The sights? What sights? Oh! Yeah! And his name was Windwalker? Interesting name it was, but many a’ names were interesting nowa’days.
His voice was oddly comforting compared to silence that ringed constantly through the trees as she weaved about them today and many afternoons before this. “The sights.. are very interesting up close… I suppose?” She utterly failed trying to weasel herself out of her feud with the tree. The pure question in her voice was the big give away. But then again, Éostre wasn’t all that into telling lies and making them sound true. Just wasn’t her thing.
Éostre shifted her body a bit and glanced at the tree, slightly curious at his gaze when brought upon her. It was thrown to the wind not long after she thought that though. For who cared about gazes? Certainty not Éostre… well, perhaps if there was a twig in her hair.. but anything else, it was, well, okay she supposed. Leaves are flattering? Are they not?
His questioning held no ill intent that she could sense, and she let the muscles in her shoulders relax after she noticed they were tense. “I have just arrived.” She paused for a moment, listening to his words about the infection that seemed to plague the lands. “Wraiths?” Éostre questioned her vocabulary for a moment. The words darkness paired with wraiths obviously brought great foreboding, like the separation of a foal to its mothers milk.
But what of this safe place he mentioned, safe from the words and thoughts of darkness and wraiths. He said she could rest there, right? Then there was no time to loose! Warm sleeping spots, friendly horses, and well… warmness! Éostre trotted in front of Windwalker, her head tossing up as she looked behind herself at him. “Well then! Take me yonder over that way friend!” She exclaimed, then stopped finally processing the last part of his words. “You truly mean no trees will barge into me?” She mulled over it for a moment, scowling at the fiend of a tree beside her. “I’ll be in your debt if I don’t.” She smiled at him then turned around to only stop for a moment. “Oh.. this is the way I came from.” She whispered softly to herself, turning herself around and walking to what she supposed was the right way.

Messages In This Thread
Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Éostre - 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Windwalker - 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Éostre - 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Windwalker - 02-04-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Éostre - 02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Windwalker - 02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Tiptoe, Tiptoe. - by Éostre - 02-08-2014, 01:08 PM