the Rift

[OPEN] In Over My Head

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The hard ground of the Basin shivered as the dark clouds rolled in, bringing with it nothing but pain and fear. Crake... Sikeax, names of horses he knew, or once had known, their smiles now twisted into something far more sinister than he'd ever seen on their faces before, their bodies mutated and vile. A band three horses strong stood against them, a spotted stallion, himself and a bay with a ruby horn. They lost, the red crowned taken into the sickness and he simply ran, not caring for the consequences nor sparing a thought for the stallion who was there with him. The world was so cold and haunted eyes watched his every move until finally Sacre brought himself out from his doze and the terrible dream drifted off. Dream... More like memory. These dark thoughts were distracting him from the real world and with quite commendable determination, he set off with the intent of moving forward. The colt was ashamed and terribly shaken, so much had happened in just over one year of his life. Right now was his test of maturity and Sacre met it with an even gaze, setting off from Sanctuary heading right.

He remembered a few days ago, the first meeting after they'd fled when to his relief he'd found the bay face of Roux, it took him a while to notice his new friend, a chick only like the one in the mountains. Was it the same bird? Had his twin's gentle heart touched another and Sacre smiled, genuinely happy. Roux was blind to the worlds visual wonders, though he got by very well and often saw more than Sacre could with his two eyes, but maybe with his new friend his brother would live a much more fulfilling life filled with joy and less of loneliness. Their father had been their too, as stoic and intimidating as ever, though Sacre couldn't say he wasn't happy to see him. He was a colt in a crisis, the face of his father was indeed a welcome sight and one of safety, a sense of calmness came over him in the cave knowing at least one of his parents were here. Yet, that didn't stop Sacre worrying about mother, though he knew his mother to be a strong mare. Surely, she would be fine.

The crowded sense of the cave closed in on the colt as he moved at a walk, ears twitching in uncertainty, tail flicking his uncomfortable feeling. He didn't know everyone here, he was in a strange place that was almost like a labyrinth of paths and Sacre would later say it was by chance that he spotted an egg, neatly tucked away next to a small rock near the wall. It's smooth, shiny surface catching the eye of Sacre. It was small, big enough to house a child, but small enough for Sacre to manage to carry it carefully, blue eyes wide with wonder as he contemplated what being inhabited it. He looked about with concern, no mother to watch over it and luckily to predators to destroy the precious life waiting for the right moment inside. All in one moment it meant many things, but significantly Sacre felt hope again, that even when surrounded by death there was life. There was beginning, hiding in the darkest corners and courageously surviving.

Sacre had no choice. He had to be brave now and find the iron in his heart to weather the storm and protect the precious life chance had gifted him.

Just when he was about to turn and find Roux to show his brother of his new find, the boy heard voices, two strange, but one was familiar. Frost Fyre. He didn't know her all that well, but enough to recognize voice and appearance. He continued walking warily, the walls becoming littered with etchings of times long past and Sacre had only the briefest moments to stare in wonder at the fountain before he noticed his company.

Indeed Frost Fyre was there, in all her mahogany glory and splattered in white, a horn and a leonine tail defining her lineage. With her was a creature that looked like a deer calf with an odd tattoo and gangly legs. Just like Roux, she too had found a friend to share her adventures with. As blue eyes continued, he saw a dark horse then, at least a year older than himself with impressive wings and memorizing silver shimmers, a crown atop his obsidian head, a half breed. An eyeful at that too, though Sacre had not recognized the unseen ties that bound himself to this stranger, a close one of kinship. Lastly, he turned to the equine, her harsh and skin crawling words mixed with her dark appearance made Sacre swallow, she almost reminded him of the infected that crawled around outside. At least they were corrupted light, but the colt could only see dark in this mare and her fox, who looked a little like Natraj, but with one less tail.

It was a strange atmosphere as he carefully placed his egg behind his front legs, bringing his head back up to gaze at them through blue eyes, stood in the entry way into the room. A situation to run away from perhaps, though Mr Lace had taught him not to judge that day long ago in the meadow, even though he was disappointed that the world had been so cruel afterwards. He still believed in those words, however. "It's good to see you escaped, Frost Fyre" he announced his presence if not already known, smiling at the appaloosa mare, not knowing what else to say, having intruded on a conversation that didn't sound so pleasant.

[derp, hope you don't mind the intrusion!]
esveeka, table by sevin

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
In Over My Head - by Mesec - 02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: In Over My Head - by Frost Fyre - 02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: In Over My Head - by Confutatis - 02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: In Over My Head - by Mesec - 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: In Over My Head - by Sacre - 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM