the Rift

Chandeliers

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

The blackness had to end somewhere and indeed it did. I do not know how long I wandered in that pit but eventually I came around to another tunnel… a different tunnel than the one I entered from. I miss the sun and the moon, their absence makes it terribly hard to judge the passage of time. I have not encountered the horror of the plague but I am told that it exists and despite the wisdom of my years I am a generally gullible soul. So I stay where it is safe however uncomfortable that safety may be.

All at once it is brilliantly bright around me and this change from pitch black to dazzling glow is blinding. Blinking against a sudden headache I force my eyes to focus among the many reflective surfaces of this crystal breeding ground. One tall, clear spire draws my attention and I find myself gazing at my own reflection. The only reaction I can muster as I scrutinize that thin, waif like appearance is to think that I am growing old and am very much alone. Sighing dejectedly I turn away from this bothersome reminder and try not to look too closely at any of the other Mermaids gazing balefully back at me.

Despite this one negative it is a beautiful cave, certainly with more to recommend it than the pit… however homey that lovely sand might have felt. Soon enough I discover a second negative point. This place is a labyrinth of passages and side passages that snake their way around the crystalline growths. I am fairly confident that I could find my way back to where I came from but I am not exactly dying to see that pit again anytime soon. Oh well, I’ve been lost before and in worse places than this… I think.

Rounding a bend in my most recent chosen path I find that another reflection has taken over the crystal surfaces up ahead. It is earthen tones highlighted in turquoise and this interests me right up until it turns its head and I can see the glowing blue-green eyes. The color reminds me of the sea, it draws me in and at the same time terrifies me almost as much as being underground… what natural, safe creature could have such eyes? Maybe these caves are less of a sanctuary than I’ve been lead to believe. Gulping down my fear I begin to back up very, very slowly. I am desperately hoping, right up until my hind hoof sends a pebble skittering into the crystal wall, that I have not been seen. With that hope shattered by the clink of rock on “glass” I freeze…

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM