the Rift

Chandeliers

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I stand frozen in place knowing that it is too late to run and waiting for the moment when I will be seen. Those eyes find me and somewhere in the back of my mind I register that only one of them is really that hypnotizing blue color. This thought has not yet made it to the surface through my fear though. I remain stalk still, in thrall to the power of that gaze. Then he snaps me out of it with a voice that is so laced by pain and sadness I would not turn my back on it even if I could.

“ Why... Why do you hate me?”

Hate? I have never hated anyone except maybe the lout of a raider who killed Deagor but I never even met that brute so hating him doesn’t really seem fair.

“I don’t hate you…”

I blink then breaking free of my odd trance and cast my own gaze to the ground that I might avoid being caught in the odd reflection of his one blue eye again. As I do this I catch sight of his smooth, unbroken, relatively healthy hide and the long, glowing blue horn. A sigh of relief escapes me as I realize that he truly is no wraith. He is just another unicorn, no more of a monster than Elsiyum or Lena… or so my levelheaded reasoning tells me. Of course this does not mean he isn’t dangerous but I suspect that if he meant me harm I would already be suffering said harm by now, I’ve certainly stood here vulnerable to it for long enough.

“No, you are not a monster. There are no monsters in the caves…”

My tone suggests I am still trying to convince myself as much as I am him. Turning my head to the side I wrinkle my nose up at the shimmery wall beside me. Thankfully I am too close now to really focus on the images it is flashing back at me and so am not as profoundly affected as I was before.

”I was simply confused with all the odd stories I keep hearing and the disorienting reflections from this crystal stuff. I am very new to these lands and I must say this business of living underground isn’t sitting well with me.”

I tilt my face up then attempting to look calm though I still avoid meeting his eyes. Rather than continue my hasty retreat I step trustingly forward and reach my muzzle out in invitation.

“Please forgive my rudeness sir, I am Mermaid… what may I call you?”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM