the Rift

Chandeliers

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

He does not move to accept my physical offer of proper greeting but he does not seem offended either only deeply sad. His next words are harsh and cynical but what else can be expected of one who has seen this happen to his world. I do not agree with everything he says but I take his point. After all I suffered more injury at the hands of disease, marauding raiders among my own kind and angry Gods than I ever have from “monsters”. Still, ever the philosophical one I must add my own take on it.

“True, there will always be those among us who might do us harm without care or remorse given the right set of circumstances but I do not believe that such as they are really monsters. There is something good in even them, somewhere buried deep.”

All this talk of “monsters” makes me think of Elsiyum perhaps the two of them should meet, they certainly both depressed enough. He isn’t a bad looking fellow really, rather striking in truth if I do not let that bottomless blue orb or an eye capture me. He is young though, too young for me I think but surely not for my friend… have we become a match maker now Mermaid?

“Indeed sir, I did mean that madness that is carrying on above us and I am sorry for mistakenly thinking you a part of it. I suppose it is a disease more than anything… sickness is always the worst enemy.”

The name he gives seems to suit him and I nod in acknowledgement of the exchange.

“The Aurora Basin… I have met one from there, and I’ve a friend who might have joined it given the chance. Mayhap I should claim residence there as well being as I keep stumbling into its people.”

I chuckle softly at that not meaning it seriously.

“I’ve no home in these lands myself. I’m from another world, in fact I think another planet, entirely. I did know home in that world, twice in fact but I’ve no hope of ever returning to either of them.”

In one case because of ghosts and in another because of that angry God. He seems worried when he speaks of his home and I suppose he should be who knows what might be happening to his comrades who may not have made down to this cave system.

“It is good to love one’s home Farenjer, perhaps you might be lucky enough to return to yours in the near future.”

I glance at him out of the corner of my eye then still avoiding his direct gaze but trying not to be painfully obvious about it.

“What brings you here to this maze alone?”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-08-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 02-09-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Chandeliers - by Farenjer - 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: Chandeliers - by Mermaid - 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM