the Rift

[OPEN] No church in the wild

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

An unexpected voice causes a ripple to roll through Ampere's body as she visibly jumps. A few quick steps let her shy to the side, her head jerking around to face the 'threat', while her feathers all ruffled to a larger size. She settles just as quick as she startles, an abrupt laugh loosing from between her lips to ease the tension from the humid air. "You'd think I have a guilty conscious reacting like that..."she mumbles, her humor subsiding back in her chest like a sleeping giant beneath a bridge. She shakes her neck, as though to rid herself from the remaining remnants of fear, her heart still wild in her chest, though when is it not?

"I'm sorry, I suppose I was concentrating too hard...foolish" she murmured again, her eyes still coasting along the figures that danced with light. She was abashed she let herself grow so absorbed so quickly and even wondered if this place weren't magically hypnotic. Stuck underground with so many strangers and enemies alike she could not afford to be so complacent. It was a wonder no one had murdered each other yet - even the sane would go mad here and there were plenty who had already sunken into that see long ago roaming these halls. Am I one of them?

She blinked away her thoughts, attention shifting now towards the stallion who seemed delightfully sane. "They are," she responds at long last to his question, though one she knew that didn't demand an answer, it seemed a good way to start the conversation off on a good foot once more. "I've never seen anything like them before, even in my travels... but magic seems endless in its mysteries," her voice trailed off, realizing she was being naive. She liked to speak as if she had wandered the world, but with her age what did she really know? She hadn't even mastered the art of kicking Oxy's ass yet, how could she hope to know magic or the meaning of the dark apocalypse unfolding outside? She sighed heavily, sinking back into a feeling of defeat - the waves crashed heavily upon the shore of her resolve.

"Do you understand them?" she asked after a moment of silence, a bit of hope coloring her voice as her gaze roamed the spotted stag.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
No church in the wild - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Quilyan - 02-15-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Ampere - 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Quilyan - 02-17-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Quilyan - 02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: No church in the wild - by Quilyan - 04-04-2014, 01:13 AM