the Rift

Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Why did one ever seek power?

There were many reasons one could select. World domination was not something Mirage had in mind, though she had met plenty along her way who indeed thought that conquering all was the only way they could spread their good will about. Mirage was not the sort to force herself upon others - though she could be very persuasive when the occasion arose.

The reasons for her making this journey began as a favour to her beloved sister, though she would admit the yearning for knowledge mingled in the reasoning there. But had it been a stranger asking her to seek out the source of the dark? The little shadow mare didn't know what she would have done; she was grateful it had been her sister, making it all the easier for her to fall into stride and learn alongside the Moon's very own Pupil.

The reason for now seeking the Dark element were not entirely clear to her. As they walked, stride for stride, across the lands, eight hooves to the ground and four wings to the sky, many thoughts rolled through the shadow's magnificent brain, she listened to her sister's constant yearning for knowledge - it was insatiable, perhaps more so than her own.

The Qian took precedence within her. There was no doubt. Every reason that crossed her mind involved her beloved followers, her family, her mate, her brothers, her sister - all of them. The inky mare stood alongside her sister now, listening to the words she spoke, feeling her own pride for her sister's accomplishments swelling up within her.

It was a difficult task, to work out exactly how to voice one's purpose, when it was so broad and all-encompassing - Mirage could talk for years on her reasons for seeking the Darkness. This journey for her had not started just when Rishima asked it of her, it had spanned her entire life. A breath was taken in the silence that followed Rishima's words, and the mare collected her smooth, honey-warm voice, before blessing the stillness with her harmonic explanations.

"I seek the dark for similar reasons for my beloved sibling, and yet I find the more I know of it, the less I truly know." A wry smile curved her lips. The more one discovered about something, the more they found they had yet to discover. "I seek the Dark so that I can lead my kin, you know them, my Lady Luna. The Qian deserve a true leader in order to rise to their full potential; with the Dark I can become that true leader."

Messages In This Thread
Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage] - by Rishima - 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-04-2012, 02:08 AM