the Rift

Dear Abby

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
FAIL

Dear Abby,

My mother and I can’t seem to agree on a wedding dress.
Fluff, just sets the scene for the next lines.
-1| [No ref] this line is a bit misleading to me because it involves some important themes like disagreeing with your mother or wedding/romance which would have made me think really heavily on them and none of which are really applicable to Lace. This is also 1/2 fluff in this riddle which is a lot considering how many lines total there are.

She tells me that she has the photos in mind, so she’s set on something "classic" and “timeless” (basically, delicate and frilly).
"Timeless" refers to Lace's near immortality. He is "timeless" because he has stopped physically aging. As Elsa realized, "delicate and frilly" were hints at his name, Lace.
0| [Magic ref] There's a lot going on in this sentence so needing to pick out that one word, figure out it relates to a magic, and then which character would have that kind of magic was all a bit much. If the clue had provided a bit more direction or emphasis it would have been plausible but as is this didn't ring any bells with me.
+1| [Name ref] Really liked the name ref.

I’ve always wanted something more edgy:
Lace was a member of the Edge and was quite involved there, very nearly becoming Mirage's successor.
+1| [History ref] I thought this was pretty clever.

a plunging neckline, some metallic sparkle, beading…something to spice it up a little, you know?
Metallic sparkle refers to the gold dusting on Lace's back.
0| [Color ref] metallic sparkle could mean a lot of things, none of which made me think it was Lace's gold dusting. I think this would have been more passable if you had specified it as a gold, or used a different word than sparkle which doesn't fit in with a dusted color on a body, but more the way actual metal shines.

She’s helping me pay for the dress, so her opinion matters, but I want to be happy. What do I tell her?
The rest is fluff, closing out the letter and asking for advice in typical "Dear Abby" style.
0| [No ref] Fluff.

1/3 necessary to pass

Just overall I needed to feel the clues provide more direction instead of one key word hidden among a bunch of other nonsense ones, or at least words that stood out more as key words because often your lines would have several I'd want to pay attention to.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Messages In This Thread
Dear Abby - by Nasreen - 02-26-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Elsa - 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Anayis - 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Nasreen - 02-27-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Tandavi - 02-27-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Morana - 02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Nasreen - 02-28-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Dear Abby - by Nasreen - 03-01-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: Dear Abby - by Sevin - 03-01-2014, 07:34 PM