the Rift

[OPEN] My heart longs for freedom
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

A sunrise rose above its crest, kissing my back and waving tendrils as gently as a lover. The wind whipped all around fleshy neck, tugging ebony lips willingly apart into a brilliant beam. Beside me a vibrant firebird soared gracefully along the current we rode, undaunted was she by the cold or unpredictable sky. A proud phoenix cry erupted from her breast, beautiful, powerful as it rocketed toward heaven and beyond. Even I could agree that despite thinner air and crisp temperatures, it felt wonderful to be out of that blasted cave. At long last my winter coat had begun to come in, Frostfall didn’t bite nearly so hard as we raced each other to the base of a familiar mountain.

Tipping forward we climbed the peaks, my feet are tucked tightly to chest and still nearly brush solid rock as I skimmed the face of this mighty scape. We broke overtop and scattered moist grey fog in the wake of it, a blanket of winter annuals welcomes our gaze, their colors a shinning brilliant emerald that seemed untouched by lingering black. I pitched toward earth readily, caressing soil with gentle taps that resisted the urge to dig deep and mate with soft turf. Appendages fluttered apart at half-mast before sliding up to fold skillfully along my barrel.

Honeyed gaze rose and my breath came forth as a misty cloud. Someone else stood among the swaying flora, his soft nicker reach's my ears. Not urgent, not yearning, simply an invitation. I answered, my rippling earth born vocal vibrating free past the silk folds of throat. It rose and beckoned, “I’m here.” Fina screeched and climbed higher, soaring above the fog that swirled below.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
My heart longs for freedom - by Arrane - 02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: My heart longs for freedom - by Midas - 03-04-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: My heart longs for freedom - by Eris_ - 03-05-2014, 01:15 AM