the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chill of Your Heart

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

As night's mistress turned to show her wound at the startled doe, the world seemed to slow. Anger built up within her, no one had the right to injure someone so gravely. No one had the right to injure Lakota so badly. It was at least, in Arah's eyes, a good thing that she had not caused the physical collapse of Lakota...but what about the emotional one? Surely that was the doe's fault. Blinking away the shock as Lakota moved to hide her blooming scar, Arah found that she had been startled into silence and even now nothing came to mind. How could she assure the dark raven that everything would be okay...that was a lie that she had told to so many.

Arah was sick of the lies, the false pretences and the ladder called chaos. What rung did Arah currently stand on? How up up the chaos ladder was she...how much further until she reached the peak and spilled over? What would she find at the top? "I'm so sorry." Was all she could bring herself to whisper to the dark lady. The truth continued to spill from her lips. So far that was something Arah felt she had a right to be proud of. Only telling the brutal truth to Lakota. "If I could make it better, you know I would." Of course...the doe supposed she could make it better, take the pain away. Her magic sparked to life within her, it filled up her mind, body and soul with warmth. Did she dare do it though? Did she have the courage to remove the pain from Lakota's memories? It wasn't that Arah had the right to do it. It was that she had to ability. Of course it wouldn't truly be better, to remove the lessons that she had come to learn. For it would only result in her hurting later on when she made the same mistakes. The magic faded, still humming the the back of her heart, but Arah could not bring herself to use it. At least for now.

The very idea of removing herself from Lakota's memories was too painful to imagine. But if that made her happier, it might just be worth it. A watery chuckled escaped past her chops once Lakota spoke again, it was followed by a sigh. "Nothing? That's not nothing..." Even if Lakota had nothing to offer but her warmth and friendship on the cold winter nights, Arah would take it. Arah knew that she had to tell her about the girls if the dark mare before her was to ever accept her back. Delicately...carefully. "We're all broken. We've just got to find the right person to fix us." Taking a few steps closer, Arah looked at the self proclaimed broken princess. "I thought I found the one for me...perhaps he was...is...but I don't know." A sigh escaped between her lips. "But he gave me a beautiful gift...the gift of life." Her eyes snapped fiercely up to Lakota's. "I'll never regret my girls." They were a package deal. You couldn't have one without the other. Her magic sparkled again with the sudden burst of will. "Say the word and I'll do it. I'll remove myself from your memories...from your ghosts." A single tear fell, but her eyes remained steady.

" "
611 words.
I'll edit in the morning! <3
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-02-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-05-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM