the Rift

Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
"I have learned much, my lady, although I still yearn to know more." I smile wryly at the newly materialized goddess, dark eyes undisguised and genuine in their gratitude and curiosity, the hope that my tutelage will not end here. "I still hold questions that yearn for answers: what is in the dark? How do light and dark interact; how does one create illusions in the dark; how does one change their shape, morph bone structure and internal organs, without causing permanent physical damage, or even death?" The questions spew from my lips in an ever-growing stream, a great gush of ideas and queries that will perhaps never be fully quenched, a well that has reached its brim and is now overflowing into this possibility of its clarity, eagerly bubbling and belying my generally stoic nature. I pause to breathe and stop, suddenly catching myself, a small, sheepish smile curling gently upon my lips.

I catch her smirk, and wonder if it is response to my words or to Mirage, who now seems to hold her attention. Her words echo what I already know, but I am glad for my sister as our deity voices them, swatting her hocks gently with ivory locks in a teasing show of support. Through our link, I can feel Kali growing tired; she is still young, and this has been quite exciting for her. I call to her silently, inviting my small companion to rest; reluctantly, she leaves Akaith, calling out to her 'sister' as she spirals down to land on my back. Subtly I shift, adjusting my weight to accommodate the gryphon; she purrs and settles into a comfortable ball of feathers and fur, long wings furled at her sides.

I turn my attention away from Kali as the lady addresses me once more, black gaze on her lavender form, her silver eyes. Her promise of abilities catch me by surprise, I will confess, and my jaw drops oh so slightly in delighted amazement. I had gone into this adventure expecting naught but knowledge; to gain some power over the element of night, already, is phenomenal to my mind. I have seen so much magic in my long life; never have I wielded it! I cannot think, cannot speak; all I know is that this moment, this experience, this is so right, so quiet and perfect. I am stupefied with excited gratitude and gratification.

I must look like a fool.

Luckily, Kali seems to sense my petrification, and chooses this moment to save me from myself. With a tired yet curious chirp she raises herself onto hind legs, gracefully leaping from my back and stretching as her paws hit the ground, a feline movement accompanied by the avian maneuver of broadly outstretched wings. With a curious noise she turns to examine the Lady; bold, inquisitive, she approaches the goddess, black beak outstretched, falcon head tilted in curiosity, blue eyes shining. Before I can stop her, she beats her black-tipped wings, launching into the air and gliding about the Lady's head, chirping eagerly in some language of her species, trilling gleefully, as if to say, Look at me! I quested, too! Can I have something shiny? And while I know that I ought to call her off, her delighted fascination with the lady is simply too amusing to watch.

[ This is so awesome, thanks Boom! <3 ]

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage] - by Rishima - 09-03-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Shadows of the Dawn [Moon, Mirage] - by Rishima - 09-05-2012, 12:49 AM