the Rift

[OPEN] Winds of Change[hatching]

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Joy and excitement pounded through her veins as bright orbs gazed brightly at the jittering dancing egg. Her soul mate was hatching and she could not wait to see what the gods had blessed her with. The cremello painted mare realized she was shaking along with the tiny being inside her egg. Her smile was wiped quickly from her face as the sound of another touched her pricked ears. She turned hastily towards the sound dishes pinned to her dainty skull ready to defend her soul-mate to her dying breath. Blinding anger eased dramatically as she recognized the one wing dappled mare before her. "Sorry about that Africa I'm a little protective right now." She smiled lightly her muscles still tensed in case she was forced to defend her precious egg. She turned her gaze back lovingly to the writhing egg in it's carefully constructed bed of moss.

She smiled lovingly down at the encased creature before her face clouded over sadly, "I have no idea what to do once it hatches..." She sighed heavily when a movement caught her eye, Africa's companion. 'I completely forgot about him!' She thought brightening back up. Her warm voice jangled pleadingly honey orbs beseeching, "Africa will you please stay with me and show me what to do for it? Just for a few hours at least, please?" She smiled lightly praying to the gods that she would agree.

A soft cracking sound made her jump and edge closer to her egg all eyes and ears for the tender thing inside.Part of the shell now had a long crack down the length of it's shinny black surface. Even the sound of a new arrival could not draw her attention from the creaking jail of her one true soul-mate. "You're almost here love, you can do it!" She whispered encouragingly as she lowered her muzzle closer to the quivering object touching the shell lightly.She pulled back quickly as a sharp beak poked her tender muzzle. She felt no anger, but she did laugh as she spoke, "It's a feisty bird of some sort I know that much!"

She laughed to turned to the newcomer ready to tense herself once more, but the black painted mare's demeanor told her nothing besides gentleness. She dipped her head lightly and smiled proudly as she congratulated her. Sweet vocals stroked the chilly air, "Thank you, I am Parelia it's very nice to meet you." Another much louder crack drew her back to her companion. It was almost out now. She lowered her head close to the broken jail that contained her bird. She watched as the downy bird kicked and pecked it's way out throwing the shell away from it.

Parelia carefully moved in and pulled the last of the shell from the eyasses's head. She smiled down at the still sticky white chick. She felt a single tear run down her soft face she was so happy it almost hurt. honey gems left the chick for a momment to look at the other two mares, as she spoke her eyes lowered back to her other half, "Please feel free to come look at him if you want." Before turning her words to the chick instead of the mares. "Welcome to the world my sweet heart. I think it is time to give you your name, as is fitting for all new babes to be named." She paused musing for a moment over several names. She knew instinctively that chick was a male and a Peregrine Falcon. Her voice was overjoyed and proud raised so the others could hear as well, "From now until we both die you will be known as Penna." She smiled lowering her muzzle to lightly nuzzle and blow on the chick to dry as well as warm him.

"Speach"’Thoughts’
Words:636 @[Africa] @[Alysanne]

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Messages In This Thread
Winds of Change[hatching] - by Parelia - 02-28-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: Winds of Change[hatching] - by Africa - 03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Winds of Change[hatching] - by Alysanne - 03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Winds of Change[hatching] - by Parelia - 03-08-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Winds of Change[hatching] - by Africa - 03-10-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Winds of Change[hatching] - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 01:22 PM