the Rift

[OPEN] What Is A King Without His Queen?
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

As we drew near I was privileged to gaze upon his likeness and the missing appendage that he had once sported; feeing unease or otherwise edging on caution that lad paused a fair distance away, and I mimicked the same. Those dark eyes studied me with an expression that couldn’t be titled overly welcoming but not threatening also. He called my name and both brows rose along with crown, mind searched and cranked out information as to who this individual actually was. The fellow seemed to feel my momentary confusion and prodded memory. His voice was…ah, I thought, the soldier I’d met with Hector at the beginning of last season.

“Windwalker.” ebony lips twitched, not quite a smile, “Aye, I remember ye.” He had offered aid during our first few weeks of living in the caverns and getting used to our new surroundings. “Has ye been well?” It was a polite offering, one that stood a chance at starting conversation. My eyes follow movements as he shifts to gaze back at what I could only guess to be a scarred memory. The alabaster gold feathers and muscles along my barrel slither tighter until flesh is as closely merged as it might be. Africa. I thought of her and the fool who had dared cause harm. For a moment I tried to imagine how it might settle if one of my own appendages was parted from shoulder…the robbing of a birthright. Truly it was hard to fathom many things that could outdue the agony of losing something as precious as heaven. Woe to the idiot who attempted to rob, those would find their sins mounted upon fangs and thorns.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Windwalker - 03-09-2014, 04:19 AM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-09-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: What Is A King Without His Queen? - by Midas - 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM