the Rift

[OPEN] Waste not

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

A King may live his entire life without touching the hilt of a weapon, but the his life would be bleak and fruitless. I have no horned skull nor wings to carry me when danger comes. I am locked to the earth, like a tree and it's roots. If I try to be anything I am not, I will end up as a rabbit - crushed and killed.

So I raise my head and draw in the air before I answer his threat. "You will need more than horns and an attitude to kill me." I speak plainly yet calm, as I do not wish to provoke this stallion more. I am in no mood to fight, even over a hare.

I watch him still as yet another threat rolls of his tongue, but this time, I let it pass. Even I know that such threats should not be told lightly, for you never know who owns the ears they are ment for. But I breathe heavy now, as my body demands every ounce of self dicipline to keep it from charging forwards. I need to find a way to calm down, so I open my mouth and speak again. "Have your sire never taught you to treat others as you wish them to treat you?"

I move as I speak, not to keep myself from becoming an easy target, but because I have to. I see his body tense and I brace myself from the impact that will soon occur. It never does, as something utterly interesting happens; The horned one suddenly jumps to the side, screaming like a madman before he hits the ground. Something must have startled him and I suddenly understand what - he must be blind.

I should kill him here and now, to do the world a favour of those who are not fit to live. They take food from others and space - they even pass on their genes to the next generation. But all of those thoughts disappear as I look at the terrified beast. Somehow I know how it feels to be unfit for the world and the neverending struggle to claim a spot among the living, breathing examples of our species. I feel sorry for him.

"Don't be alarmed. It is just the hare trying to get revenge for it's death." I smile, trying to put as much warmth I can into my voice. It is not much, but at least it's something.

@[Morir]

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Messages In This Thread
Waste not - by Morir - 03-15-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Waste not - by Windwalker - 03-16-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Waste not - by Morir - 03-16-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Waste not - by Windwalker - 03-17-2014, 08:47 AM
RE: Waste not - by Morir - 03-18-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Waste not - by Windwalker - 03-19-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Waste not - by Morir - 03-19-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Waste not - by Windwalker - 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM