the Rift

[OPEN] He is Not One of Us

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

SNÖ</style>
  what did they aim for when they missed your heart?</style>

Snö seemed almost disinterested as the pegasus defended his actions with more of his faulty logic, but the young mare was, indeed, listening. She thought that he was kinder than she was because she would not have attacked a tree in her anger, but the first one who looked at her the wrong way. Perhaps in that way she was more like her mother than she cared to admit to herself that she was. Another part of her thought that she'd rather be more like her mother than be like her father, whom she had begun to think of as a womanizing pig. The pegasus asked if he should go apologize to the pine tree and rather than answer his joking question, Snö remained quiet and watched him as he spoke and as he moved. She let him tell her who his father was and when she spoke again it was only to say that she hadn't heard of him before.

"He is- or, was- the Sultan of the Throat."

A flicker of recognition flashed in the pale mare's icy eyes and she frowned. "I've been to the Throat before." She said. "I was stolen away from my home, back when my family still ruled the Edge." "Before the moon bitch betrayed us." "I was taken as a trophy by one of your own." She remembered Mesir well enough. She remembered wanting to stab the older mare and pound her hooves into her skull, but being a foal she was weak and unable to defend herself. She'd had to rely on her father and it was, perhaps, the only time he'd ever really come through for her. "How can you live in such a hell hole?" Her dislike of the place was apparent in her voice, though if Cera were to honestly look at her and see the frost that coated her horn and hooves he would know that she was a creature of snow, not heat.

Snö's head tilted as Cera bowed his head to her and said that it was a pleasure to meet her. She simply nodded in return, somewhat shocked that he would call meeting her a pleasure. It brought more doubt to what she had been taught all her life, about equines and pegasi. In her travels she had asked others why they hated them, curious about how their reasoning would compare to the reasoning of her family. She had been told that they were conniving and evil, but so far Cera seemed about as evil as a fart in the forest.

"Would you like to meet a fire bird?"

"I am not particularly fond of fire." Nevertheless, the bird appeared and Cera seemed excited to see it. Then from above another appeared, crashing through the tree branches. She startled and stepped back several steps, taking note of how Cera put himself between her and the pegasus that had just drove through the trees. The two regarded one another for mere moments before they spoke and embraced, leaving Snö to watch on with growing envy. When she had come back she had received no such welcome from her father, though her mother had seen somewhat pleased to see that she was still alive, at the very least. She nodded to the stallion as Cera introduced them, but remained silent because it seemed as though he were far more concerned with his son, as he should be.

As should any parent.

@[Midas]
@[Cera]

"Talk."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 02-23-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 02-23-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 02-24-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Midas - 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM