the Rift

First Steps

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Leeka stood still for a moment, surprised and stunned to silence by the sudden appearance of a painted mare. The energy surrounding the stranger was palpable and nearly overwhelmed the young one. To have been alone for so long and suddenly face this cheeriness, as if all her woes were nothing, would have knocked anyone off their game. When words spun off the painted's tongue Leeka suddenly came back to herself and at once doubts flickered in her mind. Queen? The word was strange, but perhaps it was similar to an Ashi of her homeland, a Mistress or Keeper of the land. Leeka fought the frown that fidgeted at her lips. How easy it'd be to say such a thing when nothing is known and to introduce oneself so lightly with the title. Could she say she was a Queen of Timbuktu and be believed as well? Leeka was not wholly convinced and refused to be a victim to a lie, but for the time being she was going to respect it; it was too soon to tell anything yet, save for one thing and that was that she didn't feel threatened by Kahlula. Rather, that she felt as though she were safe now, at least more than she was before. It could be her heart soaring at the sight of another or some flung off giddiness from the painted mare that has infected her but Leeka choose to trust in the feeling. What other real choice was there anyway? This was the turning point, like it or not, for better or worse.

"I am Leeka, of Eoroleen." she said, moving off the ice and turning round, bowing her head curtly in the manner Kahlua had, then raised her foreleg to her chest and touched her maw to her knee in the manner of formal greeting her homeland. " You said the Edge," she continued, head tilted with question " is that the name of this dwelling, this wood? I dare say it was a right herald who named it for I am on the edge of all I know."

Messages In This Thread
First Steps - by Leeka - 03-13-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 03-24-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-24-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 03-25-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: First Steps - by Kahlua - 03-25-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: First Steps - by Abishia - 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: First Steps - by Ciceron - 03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: First Steps - by Leeka - 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM