the Rift

First sign of spring
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

The peace of morning was short lived, I could smell the oncoming approach of a familiar lad long before eyes caught sight of his earth toned pelt and masked face. The boy was in high spirits, a smile upon his maw and chocolate eyes. My crown shifted toward him, Fina stirred, cooing softly before settling back to sleep. “Well met, Marco.” One end of my face flicked up out of gentle humor and easement when my little brother began speaking about weather, stumbling and bowing every so often and adding an embellishment to my already flashy title.

For those moments I listened quietly, ears erect in a show of proof that not a single syllable would be cast aside, “Yar,” I smiled wider, naturally allowing the other end of lips to trail high, “Tis soon in coming. Please, call me Midas—no need for a show among brothers.”

His shorter frame was quickly coming into adulthood; I’d watched Cera grow in a similar manner. The stunted legs and torso of youth would be quickly eaten up with the muscles of a man. “Ye were a welcome sight among the wolves at our last meeting.” My gaze darkened into tawny amber, shifting from company toward the burning horizon. “One of the few who didn’t gaze upon me with a loathsome stare better suiting a snake.”

Aye, the politics of running a herd. Fina lifted her head, peeling back her lids to witness Marco standing near. She scolded, unfurled her sunlit feathers and jerked toward heaven in one swift beat. Guessing that our conversation was going to last longer than a few moments, and she wasn’t willing to wait.

Word count: 277
Attack: (0,3)

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Sevin - 05-04-2014, 01:52 AM