the Rift

[PRIVATE] Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

His voice is like silk to her, gruff as it is, and her ears strain to catch every syllable falling from his lips. It shudders across her like a tidal wave, easing the tremors from her body, tucking her close to him as she seeks those comforting auras that seem to exude from him no matter the awkwardly discordant sound of his voice. "Its just us here, you and me." Her heart warms and aches all at once, a maelstrom in the cage of her ribs as he lures her into the darkness she'd willingly stumble into for him. Is it just a ploy, to comfort her? Because she will take it like a starving beast, ravenous for the love he can give as freely or regimented as he wants. "That's all I ever wanted," she whispered, hesitant to say the words, but taking a leap of faith into the darkness he had woven around her. It was all she'd ever dared to hope for, the two of them against the world, in their own little bubble of safety and love.

Okay, perhaps not a bubble, but as he holds her closer- of his own will!- maybe it's close enough. He's warm, his scent so strong, and it makes her limp and complacent within moments. How could she hope to say no to him? Even her nightmares shudder and cringe away at the sight of him, so powerful a hold he has on her being. But she's oblivious to her own effect on him, to the way he worries and his heart beats a tad too fast. After all she's just...Muriel. Why would she have such a profound influence on someone like Leliel? It's inconceivable to her. All she knows is his warmth, his soothing scent, the lift of his breast as it swells against her cheek with each breath that tells her that he's there. That he's alive, here with her, and not dead in the Threshold where she'd miraculously found him. She blinks, a little surprised by the sudden touch against her ears, but can do nothing to protest. It feels so pleasant, and in moments she's melting against him, pleased sounds murmuring on her lips. Were she feline, she'd be purring at the sensation. Her body shivers against his in delight, only for a bereft sound to escape her lips as he suddenly jerks away. She follows him instinctively, wanting the soothing touch back, only to catch herself and fall quiet and pleased against his chest. This is home to her. Right here against his heart, safe and protected in his embrace.

But she ruins it. Her excitement lifts his wing, and her heart seizes, anxiety coming back full force. "No, no no no no!" She can't breathe, she feels bare and exposed, and her breath is getting choppy as she reaches for his wing to pull it down upon her. "Please, please not yet, please," she begs, needing his warmth around her to feel safe with the shadows of her nightmare still lingering. She feels as if they're in the background, ready to pounce on her the moment Leliel lets her go. "I'm sorry," she whispers thickly, voice clogged with fear and emotion. She feels small and helpless, and her shuddering has gone from excitement to despair as she crawls closer to him, hoping she hasn't ruined it all.

Muriel
there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Muriel - 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Muriel - 04-01-2014, 06:33 PM