the Rift

[OPEN] He is Not One of Us
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 I can't remember why I've wasted all these tears</style>

Our moment was brief, and I couldn’t hide the flicker of disappointment that sparked behind the melted pools of my gaze. His touch, his smell was soon gone; retracted and purposely distanced. It was then that my attention was forcefully pulled to standing company, a girl of which who didn’t appear overly displeased with our greeting and the obvious brushing aside. Hindquaters shifted and carried bulk a step or so back, giving Cera space to breath—feathers slithered toward their sheath. My crown had already dipped into a deep nod, chin tapping the stone just beneath breast twice. “Apologies, Lady Sno, let things be well between us.”

Gaze rose from the ground and for the first time since I’d flown into this clearing I gazed at the company my son had been conversing with. Her sharp eyes and glittering crystal like horn gave me pause—though I’d not think that this to be the child of Mauja the Ice King. Too many of Helovia bore similar markings, Apollo for one. We’d all been born from the first of our kind, the great stallions and mares of a world that was still young.

Cera pried for attention and the purpose of my visit. Softly I replied, turning a careful eye to him, “The sick still roam these woods and the lands surrounding. I’ve come to locate and if possible, mend them." There were things I wanted to talk with Cera about, things that needed to be shared during a moment of private conversation. “Ye two should take care,” I warned, brows narrowing into a hard line as I thought of Ranjiri, “The wraiths are deadly and a single bite can leave ye stricken as well. They are…” Tone softened as Fina’s talons lashed themselves across my quarters, “Fast and strong like a god.” Turning to my child I added, "I am thankful to see ye. I was afraid..." Words faded and my frown deepened, "Where has ye been in all this?"

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 02-23-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 02-23-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 02-24-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Midas - 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Midas - 04-02-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Cera - 04-15-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: He is Not One of Us - by Snö - 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM