the Rift

[PRIVATE] History

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Evangeline!"

The sound of her name spoken in his gruff voice brought a smile to the autumn mare's lips. It was still hard for her to grasp the knowledge that Ruske had suddenly been thrust back into her life when she'd felt as though she had nothing left. Her ears rotated atop her head as she was told to follow the sound of Ruske's voice, and while that might have been a good idea the fog made discerning a direction difficult. "This way." Tallis directed her from the air above. "To your left."

"I am indeed here, and I would like to speak with you.”

"I would like to speak with you, as well." The mare called out as she continued to walk blindly through the fog as Tallis gave her minimal direction from above. "We have a lot to talk about." She wanted to know everything. Where he had gone, what he had done, did he know of anyone in their herd that had escaped, had he gone back to Isilme, etc. The questions could go on for days if she would allow herself to ask questions of everything she wanted to know.

"Straight ahead." Tallis interrupted her thoughts and Evangeline realized shortly after that she could see the dark shadow of Ruske's larger frame lurking in the veil of the mist. "Found you." She breathed shortly after he declared the same thing. "I am now." She smiled again as she gazed up at her friend. "I thought you dead for the longest. I'm glad that you came back to me" The only one ever to come back. "I missed you." Had she already told him that she missed him when she found him in the Threshold? What did it matter, the truth was that she had, in fact, missed him terribly.

A quiet laugh slipped past pale lips. "Nothing at all like our Woodlands." Evangeline answered quietly. "It doesn't truly feel like home." Maybe that was why she felt so uncomfortable moving through the trees, and maybe that was why she felt like the roots reached up to grab at her hooves and trip her up. Was it really fair to compare the Edge's forest to the Woodlands? The trees were still young, many of them just saplings growing from the ashes of the Sun God's hatred.

"Where did you go?" She asked quite suddenly. "I looked for you during the battle, but I couldn't find you." She had wanted to make sure that he had escaped while she withstood the attacks from the wraiths. Being the shield for the PPG had its downfall in that aspect and as she thought about it the muscles in her shoulders twitched. It was her duty, though, to protect the others while they ran for their lives. She had shouldered the burden of many to save the lives of a few and she would do it again if she had to.

@[Ruske]

Messages In This Thread
History - by Ruske - 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-10-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-27-2014, 10:58 PM