the Rift

[PRIVATE] History

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
"My dear..."

Evangeline very nearly laughed at the endearment that Ruske used if only because for as long as she'd known him she'd never known him to use such words for anyone. It did the mare a world of good to hear that her dear friend had missed her as well and coupled with the touch to her neck he made her heart soar in a way it had not since she'd given birth to her children. Children that she never saw anymore because she was no better a mother than her own had been. Maybe that was why Validino had left her and taken their youngest with him. She was a failure, but deep down there was a part of her that wanted to prove him and herself wrong. She could be a good mother if she ever had the chance again.

The orange mare turned her head to touch her muzzle to Ruske's cheek as he withdrew his touch from her neck. He questioned her unhappiness and she sighed, emerald eyes closing. "I feel out of place here." She answered. "I miss my home." She wanted to say that she missed her friends, but Ruske had been one of her only friends. The only one that remained missing was Roanne. "...I suppose I am." Her eyes opened and she looked at Ruske again. "But it'll be better now." She sounded confident. "Because you're back."

Did he truly understand just how much he meant to her and how much she had missed him and his gruff demeanor?

Evangeline was quiet as Ruske began to answer her question by saying that he had fled. "Many did." She murmured when he did not meet her gaze. "Self preservation is nothing to be ashamed of." Her head tilted. "Escaping when you know there is nothing you can do to turn the tide of a battle does not make you a coward or a fool. Fighting a losing battle for bragging rights makes you a fool." She lapsed into silence again as Ruske's gruff voice followed her own and, still, he refused to look at her until the very end and then it seemed as if he were searching for something from her.

Who was she to pass judgement on him? He had done what she had done for much of her life and that was running away. She had wished with each cut against her flesh that she could just turn and run, but she'd wanted to save as many lives as she could.

"It doesn't matter now." She whispered when he apologized for leaving her. "You came back."

@[Ruske]

Messages In This Thread
History - by Ruske - 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-04-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-10-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: History - by Ruske - 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: History - by Evangeline - 04-27-2014, 10:58 PM