the Rift

No More Stories To Tell

Rohesia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

narrator . speech . thought

Rohesia pinned her ears at the warrior Pegasus and then looked quickly at the painted Unicorn. Equine, not Unicorn, Rohesia realized as Dalibor had pointed out the base of her artificial horn, holding it snug to her head. The mare’s forelock had previously covered the base but had slipped away just enough to bring it into view. She must hate who she is to want to change herself so much, Rohesia thought sadly.

Abishia lashed out at Dalibor quickly, but that did little to settle Rohesia. The stallion was rude and seemed to enjoy conflict; the mare wasn’t confident of who she was, whether that was because of the Unicorns or not. Abishia continued on, giving the impression that Dalibor was a narrow-minded, racist sort who deserved little more than a passing glance. Even though Rohesia felt they were both right in their own way, she couldn’t help inching her way towards the two mares and away from the stallion.

Abishia’s way of handling her ousting impressed her far more than Dalibor’s oppressive attitude. Though he said Rohesia would not be looked down upon for her lack of horn or wings, he looked down on these horses for having, or wanting to have, horns. Rohesia finally decided she couldn’t rely on this hostile, judgmental Pegasus and relocated herself between the other two mares.

Doing her best to raise her ears and hide the venom in her voice, Rohesia said,
“I don’t think I’ll find myself a home with you or anyone like you. I fled a home of rampant racism. Your disdain towards these Unicorns only shows that you may very well be the racist one, not them.” When Rohesia called the girls Unicorns she made sure to place emphasis on the term. Though she may not approve of Abishia trying to change her species, she still respected it. Everyone should have the chance to be exactly who they want to be.

Delinne’s diversity and acceptance was intriguing, she felt that she could trust Delinne’s opinion. She couldn’t help but be intrigued by Dezba as well. She had never heard of jaguars and horses working together let alone them being called companions of them. Subconsciously, Rohesia had already made her decision: she would have to follow Delinne. I want to, she corrected herself. She had three choices and, through their own prejudices, found exactly what she was looking for. She would no longer be shielded from horned and winged creatures or the other wild animals she had been taught to fear. There was so much change around her and much more to come, the thought filled her with joy.

“Delinne,” she said shyly, “could I come with you? To the waterfalls you talked about? I’ve never seen one before.” She looked towards Abishia, “And will you come too?” Though she may be uncomfortable, Rohesia wanted to change completely; so much so that if anyone from her herd ever came looking it wouldn’t matter, she would be unrecognizable.

Tags: @[Abishia] @[Dalibor] @[Delinne]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
No More Stories To Tell - by Rohesia - 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Dalibor - 04-03-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Rohesia - 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Abishia - 04-04-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Rohesia - 04-07-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Dalibor - 04-08-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Abishia - 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Delinne - 04-09-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: No More Stories To Tell - by Rohesia - 04-09-2014, 03:55 PM