the Rift

Some fight, some bleed | open

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
The strength was leaving our wounded quarry, and I watched in alarm as he dropped to one knee, moving to stand beside him even as his other leg bent, sending his mass towards the ground. Torasin pressed his weight against the stallion's side, and I followed suit, shivering as the cold of metal and the heat of spilled blood created a rich combination of unpleasant sensation that made my flesh crawl. It was not important, though. Bringing this brute to safety was the only thing of importance, now. "Get up," I snapped, bending my forelegs, shoving my shoulder under his elbow to better help him stand.

Torasin decided that the Foothills were closer than the Throat, and I grunted in assent. I looked up at the stranger, and with alarm realized that his eyes were closing, the effort to stay awake beginning to overcome him. I had seen this before. He could not sleep. "Hey!" Desperation made my voice sharp, alarm creeping into my tone and causing me to yell. I took a breath. I could not panic now, he needed me. "Hey," I said again, calmer now, but my voice was still firm. "You need to stay awake for us," I instructed, nipping his neck for emphasis. "Keep your eyes open. Tell us about yourself - what is your name? Where do you come from?"

I could hear Torasin speaking from the other side of the stallion. I assumed Kiba was the paint's dragon, who I had registered but not acknowledged when I entered the scene. I put that knowledge into storage and tucked it away. I will admit that I was slightly taken aback at the golden male's quick thinking; I had expected more formality. Maybe Mirage was onto something... Oh, wait, there it was again. Despite the gravity of the situation, I cracked a wry smile at Torasin's ever-charming nature. He had a point though. The wounded stud needed to stand up, and keep talking. I pressed against him again, the blood from his fresh wound leaking onto my own midnight hide, its rich stench stinging my nostrils. Sweat beaded upon my face, the heavy heat making this task even more difficult than anticipated.

It did not matter.

"Keep talking. Tell me about your family." He needed to stay awake, and distracted. Torasin and I could save him, but we needed his help to do so.

Messages In This Thread
Some fight, some bleed | open - by Ascendancy - 06-16-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Torasin - 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Rishima - 06-17-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Ascendancy - 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Torasin - 06-19-2012, 05:03 AM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Rishima - 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Some fight, some bleed | open - by Ascendancy - 06-22-2012, 12:10 PM