the Rift

First sign of spring
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

His weak response was a question more than anything—and it became painfully obvious that the youth likely hadn’t trained a day in his short life. Or at least trained in a way that was meaningful. My smile is one not tight with teasing, it is gentle and understanding as I’ve always been. “Yar, as all things are.” Forelimbs stretched and carried this frame in a gracefully sidestep, moving to back up with banner flickering and feathers ruffling. The light of day shinned brightly all around us, and dust stirred as feet churned the earth. “Courtship is a dance, politics are a dance, but battle—has the most beautiful steps to learn.”

Honeyed gaze never left the colt, his darker eyes were my fixed point and I watched them steadily. When the lad voiced if he should be the first to come at me I paused midstep and settled heavily into the dirt, releasing a breath I’d been holding. “If ye can.” Wings slithered tighter, I held them snugly against my barrel. “Show me your steps.” Voice didn’t taunt him, lure him—instead it came across as smooth velvet, softer than the belly of a fawn. Eyes flicked to his shoulders, watching for signs of him to spring those muscles into action.

We stood across from each other, my body had grown still. Seemingly unmoving except for the occasional flick of hair or tail from a passing breeze. Limbs gave the appearance of locked position, but my tight chest should be clear warning that their hold could alter given the slightest reason. Ears perked high, eagerly listening for a catch or change of breath.

Attack (0,3)
Word count 274

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: First sign of spring - by Marco - 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Midas - 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: First sign of spring - by Sevin - 05-04-2014, 01:52 AM