Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Solace

I'm ashamed that I'm barely human
I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break
I'm just action and other times reaction

Solace again listened to the mare’s words, nodding every so often to make it apparent that he was listening. The way she described the sound of the waves as a song intrigued him. For a brief moment he tuned his ears into the sound of the waves, they were truly like a song. Even though Helovia was bringing upon him more change than he would desire, the land itself took his breath away. It was unlike else he had seen within his life time.

"It is natural instinct, I think, to want to be close to your own kind. It gives us a sense of protection and safety, and allows us the experience of having a family, even if we are not related by blood."

Solace pondered those words for quite some time. Yes, it would make sense. The security he had felt with the foothills was something he hadn’t felt since childhood. Truly he coveted his time alone, but solitude didn’t provide the same protection that groups did. And perhaps he could learn to look upon his herd as more of a family, if he would just allow himself to be immersed in their company.

When Romani referred to his loyalty as ‘noble’ he wasn’t sure how to react. So, he merely gave the mare a smile and a dip of his head. Hopefully this mare could interpret his gratefulness for her encouragement.

"A life driven by fear is no life at all."

“You’re words hold much wisdom and truth to them,” he said. “I have seen what fear can do to creatures.” Over his travels, Solace had seen what living in fear had done to so many. It prevented them from ever finding themselves, others became completely consumed with it and let it run their live. Those were the people that Solace pitied. They would be trapped within their fear, and blinded to what may excitement and journey may lay ahead of them.

He wasn’t entirely sure where all of these thoughts came from, but it didn’t particularly bother him. His troubled feelings were fading a bit, and it was evident as his muscles returned to their full relaxed state.

Her offer hung in the air for a brief moment, before he nodded. “It would be my privilege to walk with you.” His tone held a slight cheer to it and a small smile perked at the edges of his lips. Solace turned his body and began to walk slowly. He kept his gaze focused ahead of him, and for a brief moment he began to hum to himself. A question formed in his mind. “Where is it you call home Romani?” He decided that if the mare didn’t want to divulge such information she would tell him so, and in the end it wouldn’t hurt to ask, especially since he himself held no malicious intentions no matter where she hailed from.

"Speech”

Messages In This Thread
To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-25-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Romani - 09-29-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: To Feel Lost - by Solace - 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM