the Rift

[PRIVATE] Immortal souls.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

Such a quiet and secluded place, she almost felt as if she wasn't welcome here. Perhaps this was a place where life was celebrated, instead of just appreciated. So many believed that The Blood Empress did not appreciate the fragile flame that was life and how quickly that it could be blown out. They could not be more wrong however, the golden mare held an extremely keen appraisal for what everyone know to be life. The flame that was within everyone could be blown out so quickly, then everything would be gone in an instant. Who was she to forget the value of life? He father had always taught her exactly what it was to be alive, you have to value every moment. Experience every moment and live life to the fullest. What else could you ask from life? Eris preferred to live in the moment when life threw experiences at her and slink back in the shadows and plot out her life when it did not. Now she would teach Skysong the value of life, her little dove was soon to be as insane as Eris was...she would have to be raised the right way. By no means was Eris maternal nor did she have a motherly bone in her body, the golden mare was a teacher though. Oh goodness she would be a great...no...brilliant teacher to Skysong. The world had best prepare for her little dove.

Standing at the edge of the lake, Eris looked over the water with her bright eyes. It was a cooler day, the breeze creeped over her light coat. Water lapped over and around her hooves, the temperature of the lake was cool, they had gone so long without any sun that every pool of water was freezing. No doubt now that the sun had risen again, the waters of the lands would start warming up. Standing in the direct sunlight with wind whistling around her made the perfect harmony for the golden mare. She was warmed by the sun however the breeze would quickly cool her skin off. The water also helped the balance, it's cold waters soothed her aching feet. Eris had been wondering for quite a while now, it was relaxing to finally come to a stop and just appreciate what was around her. The world around her was filled with the scents of the life's blood of others. It was quite the fantastic thing to breath in...at any moment she could turn into a monster at the drop of the hat. Today however she felt...relatively normal. Well as normal as a mare that spent half her days hunting blood could feel. A soft and girly giggle tumbles from her lips, turning she began the slow movement of working her around the lake. The wanted to see the water from every possible angle.

Her movements were slow yet graceful. The golden bird was a skilled dancer in the art of death after all, she was a mare who was trained to be aware of her body and her movements. In fact she was often more graceful than mares who did not kill, nothing was more liberating and informative as dealing death. In these moments Eris learnt who she was and what she was actually capable of. Killer had to know their strengths and weaknesses to actually know how to be brilliant at their craft. A dancer could not be a performer unless they had trained and learned what they were good at, being a killer was no different. In no way was she trying to romanticise who she was or what she did with these thoughts. More try to explain to herself who she was, dive deeper into the black hole that she considered to be he soul. Pausing in her movements the mare turned to study the water again. When the sun hit it right she could almost pretend that the reflection was red, a lake filled with blood. A lake that she had filled with the life's blood of others. Maybe today she would actually take a dip in the chilling grasp of death. This thought caused a smile to dance along her lips. She enjoyed to bath in the blood of her enemies.

A song filled head that he father had taught her when she was a little filly."Frozen inside without your touch, without your love, darling. Only you are the life among the dead." She gasped taking a breath in. She never had been a singer, only sometimes to twittered to her prey and sang them haunting songs...songs that left them trembling before she had actually touched them. Taking in another breath she began again, easing her voice into the melody. "All this time I can't believe I couldn't see, kept in the dark but you were there in front of me. I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems, got to open my eyes to everything. Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul, don't let me die here. There must be something more, bring me to life."

" "
852 words.
@[Murdock]

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Messages In This Thread
Immortal souls. - by Eris_ - 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Immortal souls. - by Murdock - 09-28-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Immortal souls. - by Eris_ - 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
RE: Immortal souls. - by Murdock - 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM