the Rift

[OPEN] A Merciless Place

Kelec Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Crafter
Stallion :: Other :: 18 hh :: 24 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
It seemed their arrival had created quite a stir within the hidden vale. Perhaps as intrigued by them as they were of him, Kelec watched with growing awe as one beautiful creature after another emerged from the depths of the landscape, summoned by the blood-bay's call and their own curiosity. A tall, dark gray stallion followed by a similar but less intimidating comrade immediately drew the gaze of the ginger, made the smile fade on his lips. There was something ominous about him, something in the air that warned him about getting too close. The gold-dusted mare that followed commanded attention too, but in a different way; there was no mistaking the dominance in her gaze, and it was only made clearer as she deigned to speak. A Lady indeed, and one he would have to keep on the good side of. And finally, a slender wisp of a mare came padding a bit after the rest, gray as a rainy afternoon and with the same gentle steps as the tapping of water upon a closed window. She remained silent where the rest had chosen to speak, and where he had greeted the others with a respectful nod, she alone brought back the smile to his face.

"It is an honor to be greeted by such an impressive delegation" he smiled, bending low in a bow before the leading mare. It was quite a feat considering his strange exterior; as a front leg knelt the other slid forth along the snowy ground the man bowed from the waist with one hand on the chest and the other behind the back, dipping the head so low that it almost touched the ground. It could have seemed awkward and clumsy, but the balance and strength of the centaur was excellent, and rather than bringing shame to him it served as a gentle confirmation of Illynx's guess; he was indeed very strong, and flexible.

Rising up again the clear blue eyes went from d'Artagnan to the young grullo as their informations clashed; a glimpse of interest could be seen in the gaze, but rather than remaining silent and finding out how indeed the unicorn could know anything about his kind, he held out a hand as if to calm the glass-horned down.
"We have many names, my friend" he reassured. "Centaur is but one of many; we are the Polkan, the Ceffyl Dûr, Kinnaras... and indeed, Lefiri. It has been a very long time since I heard that particular one however..." The head of the half-horse turned and settled upon the strangely knowledgeable unicorn, thoughtful and penetrating, unwavering; the kind of scrutinizing gaze that easily made others squirm and shrink back without really knowing why.

"My name, however" he continued after a while and returned his attention to Illynx, "is Kelec, son of Falmach, from Síochána Dál to the far east. I am here because d'Artagnan offered me a chance to find shelter and build a home. Now I ask ye, Lady Illynx of Aurora Basin; would you permit my living within this beautiful valley?"

The snow crunched beneath the weight of his hooves as the mismatched creature stirred, patient yet alert as he waited for the unicorns to mull over his request. He didn't have great hopes. The brief words exchanged between themselves and the bay that lead him here, the sharp eyes and the seasoned look of both stallions and mares led him to guess that this wasn't a herd that accepted just anyone. Rightfully so, of course, but it made his situation all the more precarious. Not only was he a stranger, but he was a stranger that now knew the location of their hard-to-find base, he was a stranger whose purpose was unknown. The scenario where he was accepted would be the only one that truly benefited him - even if it meant he would have to follow the orders of these horned ones. No matter how fast or strong he was, there was no way he could outrun an entire flock of swift, lithe and heavily armed horses...

He didn't regret his decision to come to the north, however. The climate might be cold and unforgiving despite it already being springtime, but those things were easily adjusted - and if it meant he could live within the mountains again the chestnut wasn't going to hesitate. It only depended on what the final verdict would be.

Messages In This Thread
A Merciless Place - by d'Artagnan - 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Kelec - 09-28-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Deimos - 09-29-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Carnesîr - 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Illynx - 09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Huyana - 09-30-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by d'Artagnan - 10-02-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Kelec - 10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Deimos - 10-03-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Carnesîr - 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: A Merciless Place - by Illynx - 10-08-2013, 01:28 PM