the Rift

[PRIVATE] Playing With Fire

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

She introduced herself as Sia and the colt relaxed, only to tense again as she offered him an unknown herb. Was she trying to poison him? The prince shook the thought away. Surely if it was poison, it would have affected her, being in her mouth and all. After a moment of hesitation, he took the herb from her and chewed. He found no pleasure in the sweet flavor, and even though the herb did calm his nerves, he found it was obsolete- he was calm. There was no need for such a precaution. Although now he felt his desire to buck had been neutralized. Had she paralyzed him? He snorted and backed up at the sensations the herb gave him. His dainty ears flattened against his fuzzy dark mane and he glared at her with cyan eyes hard as iced steel.

"What have you done to me?!" The whinny was harsh and accusatory. He bared toothless gums at her, and then felt the herb work to rein in his temper. He sighed and relaxed even though he still gave her a hateful glare. "I wanted to explore the borders of my territory." He answered her question at last, the tone changed once more to express a sickening... something that cloyed the atmosphere like poison.

"This land belongs to me... All of it. I was born to rule... born to be a king, I can feel it in my blood. I wanted to get a more hands-on appreciation of the lands that will be mine... one that my mother so foolishly tries to hide from me, so I ran away from that idiot cow and here I am." He snorted, raising his head high and proud as though he wanted her to revere him with more respect like the prince he thought he was. As he spoke, he studied her, gauging her reactions to his speech, and wondering if she would be impressed by his fearless confidence like he thought she should be. How many times was she likely to meet a prince like him? Not very often, he was sure.

His mother had despaired at the smoothness of his face and he wondered why. Only recently had his face begun to pain him. He had looked at himself in a stream to find out what it was that was boring against his skull and he saw two small dark nubs growing out of his face between his eyes in a vertical line. One was larger than the other, and now it was slightly more obvious that he was no ordinary equine. Two horns curved out of his skull- one longer and thicker than the other. Of course, they were not fully grown. The longer one was only about two inches or so now, but they would grow as he would grow.

He carried himself with a pride of one that knew noble birth. Or so he thought- Feritas had no idea how a prince was meant to act, for he had never met a royal before. He had a general idea, though, and he aimed that way. He hoped it would work on her- he wanted to perfect his mannerisms to portray nobility and if his ideas on how he should act did not work on her that meant he would have to redesign himself to act differently.

@[Sikeax], played by Katie
Sorry this is so late, hun.

Messages In This Thread
Playing With Fire - by Sikeax - 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Playing With Fire - by Feritas - 09-26-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Playing With Fire - by Sikeax - 09-29-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Playing With Fire - by Feritas - 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM