the Rift

[OPEN] Stuck in a Daydream

Cheyenne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
i just want your strawberry kisses

What now? The mare stood, awkward, in the heart of the Foothills. A soft breeze caressed her skin, cascading through the tumble of hair and throwing it wildly like crashing waves against the shore, tangling it like webs among tree branches. Her raven eyes threw a glare upwards toward her antlers, groaning as she felt a familiar tug against her crest. Long mane and branch like horns did not go hand in hand, the unicorn would tell you as she shook her heavy head in a feeble attempt to shift the tendrils from their irritating grasp. No luck; she groaned again loudly in frustration and gave another, more violent, shake of her head. A few of the weaker tangles slipped from their perch but many remained.

Dizzy from throwing her head around, the mare sighed and tried to forget about the irritating birds nest that seemed to be forming atop her head. Long legged strides carried her forward as she explored the terrain, cloven feet dancing among rocks and stones with ease. The land reminded her much of home which was a double edged sword - she felt at ease immediately upon entering the lands, yet it served as a heavy reminder that she was far from her family. She would turn, forgetting and hoping that she might glimpse lazy Terra bathing herself in sunlight like some fort of plant, or wildfire Fjord pissing off a stallion, yet those souls were not here. They were lost to memory, and should stay there.

It was not only family that bothered her, though. The face of Alleo, the silver knight, kept flicking back to the forefront of her mind like a plague, pestering her. It infuriated her. Why would he not leave her be? She told herself it was sheer dislike that made his face pop into her head. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything else. Nothing. NOTHING.

She hated him. He had no right to judge her as he had done.

She made her way toward the waterfalls, stopping by the edge of the water. Peering down, she eyed her reflection to examine just how ridiculous she looked. The verdict? Very. Grumbling, the long legged creature slipped gracefully into the waters, moving slowly toward the waterfall. The main portion was strong and heavy, yet smaller streams of water also tipped over the rocky edge above which would not be quite so violent to stand beneath. She hoped the pouring waters might shift the hair from her antlers after the wind so rudely mocked her.

Testing the waters with the tip of her muzzle, she deemed it fine to wash beneath. Taking a deep breath, she mare slipped her head under the falls, allowing the cold stream to wash over her horns and face. Shifting her body to the side, the waters tumbled over her body, washing away any dirt or impurities from her scarlet tinted pelt. It was refreshingly cool in the warm spring air. She closed her eyes, relaxing as she listened to the early morning birdsong, allowing the waters to wash away her doubts and cleanse her thoughts. There would be no more stupid thoughts, she told herself.

That adamant thought was futile. The moment her eyes closed, his face was there again. He was infuriatingly handsome. Yet in her mind, anything could happen. anything.

"I was wrong about you Cheyenne, I am so sorry for those things that I said. I beg you, forgive me, sweet thing?" His words pleaded, stunned by her regal beauty. He threw himself at her feet, ashamed that he mocked her so. He was wrong in assuming anything about the creature before him. All wrong. She was glorious, amazing, everything he ever wanted. She smiled down upon him, pelt glowing with the light of a thousand fireflies, flowers draped over her antlers as her mane tumbled around her face. "You are forgiven, sir knight..."

She was lost in her own stupid imagination.

"Talk."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-26-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Cheyenne - 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 09-29-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 10-02-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Stuck in a Daydream - by Alleo - 10-06-2013, 04:37 PM