the Rift

[OPEN] Unlikely

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Unlikely.
Her eyes met with the spectral face of the solid cloud. Te silence that lingered after her words sent a shudder down her spine as the creature turned to face her. Te silence was absolute - to Artemis, it was as if the stopped dead. Birds quieted, the river flowing in the distance seemed to fade int nothingness and the wind rustling the trees seemed to run out of air around her. Se felt like she couldn't breathe, that the world around her has sucked e air from her very lungs.

Was it a demon? It didn't do aching for some time, though time felt longer than it was in reality. Some ing about the wide eyes of the creature seemed to evoke some primal feeling that selected between the two. Was e creature just as afraid of her, as she was of it? Her eyes softened for a moment at the thought. She wasn't sure if ghosts could fear, though. They were already dead.

Yet as she watched with white rings eyes, she saw the fluid seep down from her pale body, darkening in patches as the water soaked the earth beneath the legs of the phantom. Slowly, the droplets ran down white, then grey, then suddenly black markings that created the slim line body of a pretty young mare.

A mare. Not a ghost.

Confused, she frowned and took a single step forwards. The fear that embraced her melted away as slowly as the mist had evaporated from the creatures body. Just a horse. Physical being she could fight, that she could injure. Not an immortal after demon sent to drag her into the depths to suck all air from her lungs.

It came to her suddenly the realisation that she was still holding her breath, and she exhaled quickly, vanquishing the dread that had settled in her gut. The mare did, in reality, seem just as frightened. Why? Because she was trespassing and had been caught by a warrior? She smiled softly. Apollo was the Merciful for a reason; if she was no threat, Artemis had no reason to duel. Hr neck lowered in a sign of relaxation, hoping Kahlua would relax also.

She listened carefully, but frowned as the description did not seem to math any horse she had seen in this herd. Se was sure she had at least seen everyone, even if she rarely spoke to them, but maybe she was mistaken? "There is nothing to forgive. You have not crossed the borders." She told the mare, taking a few steps closer. "My name is Artemis. I don't else e I have ever seen a stallion matching that description. As far as I am aware there is only one who is antlered here, but she is a mare." She told her quietly. "I am sorry. It seems you came here for nought. Though, if I do see this...Atka.... I shall be sure to tell him you called looking for him." She told the stranger, silently making that a vow. Artemis took promises very seriously, even if it was to a stranger.

The herd of the mare had no baring upon the white, however it did bring upon her a stab of pain. She remembered the war vividly. I had not been something she had enjoyed, nor wanted. She had been new t the herd, only a few days in and already shedding blood for her 'family' who's names she did not know and who had shorter after abandoned her. Se was no blood thirsty creature, and Apollo had vowed to make alliances not with money, but with friendship. They were mercenaries no more, it seemed. Yet maybe the Edge horses hated her family for that invasion. She lowered her head in shame. Se would normally have simply left, but something compelled her to stay. "The invasion.... I was there, if that is why you look at me with such apprehension. If you see Laila, please, tell her 'V' regrets everything that happened that day. I would not have fought, if I knew I would shed innocent blood. I did not want to hurt her, or any of you, nor shall I hurt the innocent again. He helped me realise that that was not the sort of person I anted to become." She turned away, letting her forelock fall over her eyes. Laila knew her only as the red V faced mare, the bloodied war painted bitch. But Artemis was a kindly soul. To be known as a fear inducing creature saddened her.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-05-2013, 07:42 PM